Chapter 9

Standing in the hot shower Jenika scrubbed her face and neck where Drew had kissed her, trying desperately to remove everything about him from her mind and body.

"How could I be so damn stupid. He's right, I did tease him with the way I was dressed. It's my fault, it's all my own damn fault" she yelled at herself.

After about 10 mins of self loathing she finally stepped out of the shower.  While towel drying her hair she noticed her phone flashing. Swiping her finger across the screen she found calls from both Adam and Tim. The first message she listened to was from Adam advising they arrived and asking where she was.

"Fuuuuuccck, I totally forgot they were coming in today" she screamed. Running to her closet she grabbed a loose fitting sundress, slipped on her sandals, grabbed her purse and headed for the door.

Jumping into her car she played the message from Tim. He sounded angry stating he was on his way to pick them up and for her not to bother.

Jenika pounded her hands on the steering wheel before slumping over it in defeat. She knew she screwed up, really screwed up in more ways than one.

****
Tim entered the lounge area to find Austin laying across several seats,  Rob taking a selfie with planes on the tarmac in the background and Adam totally engrossed into a video game.

"What a sorry lot you three are" he commented in his deepest voice startling Austin into falling off the seats and Rob nearly dropping his phone. Adam sat there continuing his video game "hey Tim, thanks for coming to get us" he said without taking his eyes off the game.

"No problem. You should have let me know, apparently we can't rely on our tour manager" he said sarcastically.

"What's got you in such a foul mood" Austin asked.

Tim grumbled, "y'all ready to go or what " evading the question.

****
Jenika called the The Legends Corner  to make reservations for everyone for the evening as Adam had requested. She almost forgot that too, she was so overwhelmed with what happened with her so called date. After setting that up, she headed to Tim's to greet the guys.

Arriving before them she let herself inside his house to ensure the extra rooms were set and the guest bathroom had enough towels. She headed to the kitchen to put together an array of snacks for the guys so they could relax a bit while they caught up with Chance.

Hearing Tim's truck in the driveway,  she placed the cold beers in the bucket on the table along with the snacks, then waited in the living room for them to enter.

Tim could feel the churning in his gut seeing Jenika's car in his driveway. He couldn't discern if it was jealousy or anger, either way he really wasn't too happy about seeing her. For Chance's sake, and the guys, he would not spoil their reunion.

Jenika paced back and forth, restless over what the reaction would be, especially from Adam. She was lost in thought as to how to answer when the four of them walked in.

"Hey, there she is" Rob happily greeted walking in first, followed by Adam, Austin and finally Tim.

Tim tossed his keys on the nearby table while the others exchanged hugs, deliberately keeping his distance from her. He looked around noticing she had set out food and drinks for the guys. 'Had you been where you were supposed to be and not in bed with your biker boyfriend, you wouldn't have to suck up for forgetting them' he thought, grabbing a beer.

Jenika glanced at Tim, noticing he was ignoring her only made her feel more guilty. 'He knows, I just know that he knows' was all she could think about when she suddenly heard the kitchen door open. Everyone stood quiet for a moment as Chance made his way into the living room. "What in the sam hill is this? What are you guys doing here?" he greeted excitedly.

The three converged on him hugging, laughing, commenting on how great it was to finally see him in person.

Austin teared up a bit, "Damn Chance, I honestly thought for awhile we would never have you back. I missed you brother " grabbing him into a tight hug.

"I missed you too" he replied, stepping back. "I've missed all of you. It's great to have our family back together"

Jenika pulled Adam aside, apologizing for not being at the airport when they arrived, making an excuse she was tied up with something and lost track of time. She explained she made their reservation as he asked for 7 pm.

"No worries, Jenika. Things come up unexpectedly " he assured her before returning back to the group.

Tim had overheard their conversation. 'That woman has never lied once since I've met her, at least as far as I know. Or has she? Was I just too nieve to notice? Why is she now and why do I even care' he questioned himself as he followed everyone out back to see Chances' new home.