Chapter 13

Tim stood looking at his reflection in the mirror, recalling bits and pieces of the night before. "Shit, what have I done" he said aloud noticing the bruise on his cheek left from when she slapped him. "I had no right..no right to say anything. It's none of my business what she does with her personal life. I have got to stop this, this...whatever it is. We're friends, nothing more. What is it about her, she's not mine...NO, I can't " he yelled at his reflection.

Jenika sat quietly, staring at Chance's hands, replaying the day before in her mind as the three of them talked. Adam noticed she seemed preoccupied, "hey, you okay" he asked her, touching her lightly on the arm.

"Yes...no...guys there's something I need to tell you" she said, her voice shaking.

Chance gave her a reassuring nod. She continued to explain everything to them.

"Oh hell no, where is this jerk. Let me school him on how you treat a woman" Austin stated angrily.

"No means no, no matter what the circumstances or which person says it" Rob replied.

"Chance, this guy is your friend?" Adam asked in disbelief.

"Was. I had no idea he was like that. I mean, the girls always seemed to gravitate to him whenever we went anywhere. But, I never gave it a thought he would try to force himself onto anyone" he replied.

"Guys, please this was all my fault. I was stupid, I should have known better" Jenika interrupted "I'm sorry"

Rob took her by the hand, "Sweetie, this was not your fault, understand?" he said sympathetically.

"Please don't say anything to Tim" she asked, the feeling of guilt building inside her as if she had betrayed him, a feeling she didn't understand.

Each one of the guys wondered why she didn't want Tim to know, to make him understand what Drew had done.  But, they would honor her wishes.

****
Jenika left the guys at Chance's to discuss setting him up with a vocal coach to strengthen his voice. Even if he wasn't cleared to tour yet he could still lay vocal tracks at the studio and he was more than ready to get started.

After a bit Austin finally asked, "why do you suppose she doesn't want Tim to find out".

"Find out what" they heard as Tim closed the door behind him.

Adam changed the subject, determined not to go against Jenika's wishes. "We need to check a few things while in town. You feel up to going with us" he asked Tim.

It was obvious Tim had all he could do to get himself to Chance's place, tagging along with them especially with Austin in a perky mood would be way more than he could handle.

"Naw, you guys go without me. I just came over to see if Chance had anything for my damn head" he replied.

"You look like you could use a bit of the hair of the dog that bit you" Austin chuckled.

"Man, I really wish you'd stop yelling, you're killing me" Tim replied.

"Damn, you've got a good one this time" Chance remarked.

"Ya think" Tim stated, sitting down rubbing hus temples.

"Guys, let's get going and leave Tim to his misery. We'll be back in a few hours, let us know if you need anything" Adam told them.

"How are you getting around, I picked you up, remember " Tim asked before laying his head on the table.

"Rental car was dropped off earlier, we're all set so we'll see ya later" Adam replied motioning for the guys to leave.  Tim just waved a hand their way as they headed out the door.

Tim suddenly stood and ran towards Chance's bathroom, barely making it in time to empty the contents of his stomach. Chance slowly followed behind him, giving him a bit of privacy before entering, finding him on his knees hovering over the toilet. Their roles had reversed. It was now his turn to take care of Tim, whether it be like now nursing him through a hangover or the life changes that lie ahead.