Chapter 4- I Get Arrested

"So what's the deal with those people?" I nodded to the upper class as our feet treaded the cement sidewalks, me keeping a steady pace with him as I struggled to remember the locations of shops and signs around me.

"Those are Socs. Just leave them alone and you'll be fine, ya dig?" His face turned stormy, and I realized they must have done some messed up things to get Dallas that upset with them.

"They ain't violent, are they?"

"Just remember what I said, alright?" His tone turned defensive, and he turned to look me in the eyes. "They aren't good people."

"Fine, got it. What do they call people like us then?" He looked at the sky for a second, trying to piece together his words. He had done that since he was little, he was all about phrasing. Not that many people had known that about him in New York, so I figured it was the same here.

"You aren't like me, Nic. You aren't like anyone here, and don't you go trying to be. You're better off just staying yourself, Nicole, got me?"

"Well I used to be like you. Everyone said so, even mom."

He kept silent, not saying a word for a few moments, even though I had gotten the message quite clearly. He had changed, and mom wasn't here, otherwise she'd tell me not to compare myself or anyone else for that matter to anyone, even though she'd call me "Little Winston" whenever she talked to me.

"I'm a greaser. We're not the best people, but there's a few of us that are decent I guess."

"Are you decent?"

"No."

"Why?"

"What's with all the questions, you're driving me nuts here, kid." He said it as a statement than a question, and I didn't say anything else after that. "Hold on, I gotta get a pack of cigs. Just wait here."

"Where would I go?" I smirked at him as he went into a convenience store I didn't catch the name of, parking myself on a nearby bench. I occupied myself with watching a few of the people that passed by.

"Hey there baby." A raspy voice startled me as a rough looking guy sat next to me, licking his lips in anticipation while he scanned over my body, his intentions perfectly clear. I didn't stand up, attempting to ignore him and his attempts. "You look familiar, have I seen you before?" I looked over and tried to get a good profile of his face, taking note of a large scar.

"No, I don't think so. I'm actually waiting for someone, if you'll excuse me." I attempted to get up and go to the store I saw Dallas walk into, but he wrapped his arms around me in a strong grip.

"Oh come on, honey, don't be like that." I tried to shove him off, but he just tightened his grasp. I felt bruises starting to form on my arms and I screamed into his ear, before kneeing him right in the crotch. He immediately crippled down and I stood up, finding Dallas running out of the store over to me, a look of rage washing over his already fiery demeanor.

"You little bitch!" The guy yelled, starting to pull his fist back, but stopped once he saw Dally almost directly next to me now.

"What's going on here, Tim?"

"None of your business. I'm just trying to enjoy my day, and this little whore decides to knee me in the balls!" Dallas looked down at me, before turning to Tim, already calling bullshit before he had the chance to open his mouth.

"Listen, you dick, this is my little sister." He pushed Tim into a nearby wall, pinning him with almost no effort. "You mess with her, you mess with me, you dig?" Tim gritted his jaw and Dallas let him go, watching him stomp off like a toddler when you took away his favorite toy.