Chapter 6

Not edited

My head kept beating as though it was being hit by a baseball bat repeatedly. And best of all , I couldn't concentrate. After my little conversation with Demetri I continued with my boring work. It wasn't the most fun activity to do especially when if you do this almost every day. It was boring and overall brain damaging.

"Abby?"

I looked up to find Penny in her usual classy outfit of the day. She wore a nice navy blue dress that had a nice blazer on top to give it that work feel.

"What's up ?" I asked.

I became quite casual with Penny after working with her for so long. We became what you would call, friends. We shared our embarrassing stories of our past and even had a little boy talk every now and then. Not like I had to talk much about that subject but we talked .

A LOT.

"Mr.Remington was wondering about the collaboration and if we should make a company meeting? "

I sighed. "More work." I mumbled."Yeah! Make the appointment and sit Penny. We need to talk."

With her appalled face she sat down across my desk. I laughed." You aren't getting fired Penny, relax."

Her posture loosened but her face and gestures remained nervous.

"I'm going on a date." I blurted out.

Her face lighten in joy." Yes ! About time! Who? What ? Where ? When ? Tell me !!"

I laughed at her . I was already expecting this reaction from her. She was a really sweet person but knew when to be serious . She has always been pushing me to go out and find a guy but I never really gave it much effort, till now.

"I'm going on a date with this guy named Demetri, tonight. " I began."He's a friend of Rex and well I sort of made it a double date." I said the last part a little low.

"You what ?!"

"Double date." I mumbled sheepishly.

"Abby!! With who?"

"With Rex."

Her face soften at his name but kept quite. I sat there quite worried. This wasn't the reaction I expected. I expected something like 'THANK YOU ABBY ' but it wasn't happening.

"I'm sorry. I should have asked." I said guiltily.

"No." She gave me a half smile." It's just. I'm kind of dating someone else. Remember that green eyes guy we talked about not to long ago?" I nodded." He asked me out and we been going out for like 2 weeks now. His name is Nathan."

"Oh." I replied speechless. I thought she liked Rex though. At least thats what she's been telling me for the last few months. Was she lying?

"It's just that I didn't see me and Ryan dating ." She said almost as though she read my mind." Even though I do consider him my type. It's just." She looked at me in guilt."I saw how he looked at you."

"What?" I looked at her confused. The way he looks at me ? What is that suppose to mean?

"He likes you Abby. "I looked at her stunned while she rolled her eyes". It's quite obvious. And I'm pretty sure I know it's not in a brotherly way either . I have brothers and they surely don't look at me that way and god forbid it as well."

I have her a half heartily laugh." He's like my brother though. We are just friends."

"Friends? You guys aren't friends. You are on the freaking borderline to being a married couple." She lifted her hands in exasperation.