Chapter 10

Afia

I knocked hesitantly on Ubaidullahs study room door hoping that he is in here. Last night I was chatting to my classmates in university and wondered if Ubaidullah will let me complete my final year. So here I am outside his room waiting for him to open the door.

"Come in"

I took a deep breath and opened the door with shaky hands afraid of what the outcome might be. The door creaked open slightly and first I peeked in to see where he was sitting.

I took another long deep breath in and took a step in. He didn't even acknowledge my presence so I cleared my throat. 

He tilted his head a little and raised his eyebrows asking me what I came for.

"Um..well you see...I was wondering if I could go back to university tomorrow...If you don't mind that is. It's my last year and I would really like to complete my course and graduate plus I haven't seen my friends-"
"You can go" He said and turned his attention back to his oh-so-lovely-work that was more important than me but I really don't care because I was too excited to even care about my husband and his mood swings. I was so excited that I didn't realize what I did after I actually did it. I jumped on Ubaidullah from the back and tackled him with one of my big bear hugs. His body stiffened but I decided to stay like this a bit longer missing his warmth."Thank you thank you thank you" I said and hugged him tighter maybe I even was strangling him who knows. He patted my head that was resting on his shoulder and unwrapped my arms that was on his neck. I decided to leave him alone and go celebrate with some delicious ice cream.

I closed the door and skipped towards my room to get my purse and wear a matching scarf. I added a bit of my peach lip gloss and mascara. I'm not really a make-up type of person but on special occasions I wear but I don't over do it. I'm more a natural type of girl. I wrote a short letter telling Ubaidullah that I'm just going to the ice cream shop. I called the driver and jumped in my car and he drove away. I was doing a happy dance inside my brain and my moves were way better than the moves  I have in real life. I saw the car park in a huge parking lot and jumped out before grabbing my purse and making sure that my window was closed. I walked in the shop and stood in the line which was extremely long. I straightened out my skirt a bit and tried to keep myself busy by playing some games on my phone but I got bored and decided to choose my flavour now so when I go to the counter I can just place my order. 

I was contemplating about the flavour I should choose. All the flavours sounded delicious but the one that caught my attention was the candy floss and bubblegum flavour. 

"Ugh, this is so frustrating" I said while huffing.

" Having trouble finding the right flavour?" I heard a deep voice behind me. I turned around and saw a tall handsome man looking at me with a wide smile that showed his teeth. "Yeah"  I said and chuckled a bit. "Which flavours?" He asked while brushing his hands through his nut brown hair." Candy floss and bubblegum" I said while sighing. "Hmm.. well I've been here long enough to tell you that candy floss tastes better than bubblegum" he said and flashed me another smile. Somehow he looked so familiar but I don't know where I know him from. "Thanks" I said and stepped forward as I saw the line decreasing.

"Do I know you from somewhere? " I asked turning my attention back to the man behind me. "You don't remember me? " he asked and put a hand over his heart acting like he was hurt. "Um.. no" I said laughing a bit at the end. There were two people left in the line and it was my turn. "Come on 7th grade...sports day....we were both racing and you wanted to win so badly so you can impress the ' love of your life'
So you like a smart nut decided to put banana peel in my lane but the teachers put you in my lane and  you ended up falling on it instead" he said and started laughing. I also remembered that time and laughed. Oh my god....

"Khalid!!!" I said and hugged him. "Yip it's me" he said and hugged me back. I broke the hug and saw that it was my turn.

"One candy floss ice cream and one  caramel ice cream please "  I paid for it and we both sat down to wait for it.
"I can't believe you remember my I was cream flavour" he said while chuckling. "How can I not you always nagged me for it" I said while smacking the back of his head.

"So how long have you been here?" I asked. "For about 3 months now. I came here looking for a job. Anyway, how about you? " he asked while raising his eyebrows.

"Well somebody finally liked it and put a ring on it " I said while showing him the ring. " oh and don't worry it wasn't the ' love of my life ' dude" I said and we both laughed. Our ice creams came and we decided to eat outside before we parted ways. "Any baby on the way? " he asked while smirking and took another lick of his ice cream. I blushed and realised that me and Ubaidullah haven't even kissed yet.

"Shut up Khalid" I said and pushed him slightly with my shoulders. We talked for a few more minutes and then said our good byes. I jumped in my car and rode all the way back home. It was passed asr time when I reached home and I think Ubaidullah was gone to the masjid to perform salaah. I made wudhu and also performed my salaah and sat down to read quraan. I heard the door open and closed my quraan and walked to where Ubaidullah was and found him  in the kitchen looking for something to eat. He saw me standing there but looked away. He closed the cupboard door and was going to walk away when I spoke up. "Aren't you hungry?"

He looked at me and then shook his head in a negative but his tummy didn't think that because his stomach let out a loud growl for hunger like it's being deprived of food for so many days. I laughed and told him to wait and I'll make something for him. I shook my head and started cooking.

¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤

Hey, my cuties sorry for not updating. I'll update more often now I promise. I'll love to hear feedback from you .
:-P

·Vote and comment·

··♡·· love muslimah786 ··♡··