Chapter 14

A F I A

The ride home was in complete silence. I was lost in my thoughts while Ubaidullah was lost in his. I stared at the trees passing by, millions of thoughts buzzing in my head like a swarm of bees. The car stopped and I looked up, seeing that the robot was red. I turned my head slightly so that I could see Ubaidullah staring at me. He immediately averted his gaze and I sighed looking at my hands. My thoughts drifted towards our one week honeymoon that was coming up in one day. How is the trip going to work out? Will Ubaidullahs attitude remain the same towards me or will it change? So many questions that I don't have the answers to. Only fate has..

I heard the car door opening and looked to my side to see Ubaidullahs back facing me as he walked towards the door of our house. I sighed.

I pushed the car door open and stepped out. I felt my legs hurt and my eyes burn. I need to rest it out. The house door was open and the sitting room light was switched on. I missed my zohr salaah as we only came home after asr salaah and it was pretty close to maghrib salaah now. I dragged my feet up the stairs towards our room, all of a sudden feeling the need to answer the disturbing call of nature. I opened our room door, untied my hijab and placed it on the side of the bed. I was about to walk to the bathroom when I heard a faint noise coming from behind the bathroom door. I listened closer only to overhear Ubaidullah taking on the phone with someone.

"What do you want?" He asked, his tone annoyed with a hint of anger.

"And what is that?" I heard him answer the unknown caller after a long period of time.

I'm assuming that the caller had spoken during the silence.

"Why do you even want her? What did she do that you want her so badly?" He asked again and I heard him shuffling.

The shower tap switched on indicating that he doesn't want me to complete listening to his conversation.

It's not good to eavesdrop!

A miniature and a wiser form of me spoke inside my head. Who was the girl he was talking about? Was she me?

Naa you over thinking things.

I changed into grey coloured sweat pants and a grey short sleeve shirt. Tomorrow I'll be at Bora Bora...
I thought. After that whole mr-drunk-guy incident, I had no time to buy anything for the honeymoon. Time to do some online shopping...

····♡····

I felt Ubaidullahs gaze on me, burning a hole through the center of my back. I was currently packing for tomorrow and Ubaidullah was staring at me. Why?

I sighed, turning around to face him. "Did I do something?"I asked looking straight at him. He grunted and glared at me. "Of course. You went against my order. "He said while shutting his laptop shut.

"And what was your order again, Ubaidullah? " I said while sitting on the bed , still holding my blue floral skirt in my hand. "Oh don't play dumb with me. Just cut the act of course you know what I'm talking about!"he said semi-yelling. "Khalid." He spat his name out. "Does it ring a bell or whatever is up there?" He asked while pointing to my head. Oh god. I just knew this was coming.