The Beginning

6 years ago

"What do you mean you're not going to marry him?" My mother yelled, fanning her face with her ivory handkerchief. I turned to my sister and sent her a message with my eyes. That message was for her to help calm my mother down.

"Mom, calm down, you're getting yourself worked up, that can't be good for your health."

My mother waved her off and moved towards me. "Asia! Honey, stop wasting time and get out there to your husband. He's waiting for you."

I placed my hands on her shoulders and stared at her in her eyes. "Mother. I am not going to marry him. Not today, not tomorrow and not ever!" She threw my hands off her shoulders and wailed into the handkerchief. My mother, always the dramatic one. I could see the tears well up in her eyes and wondered whether I should be the one crying and not her. Hell, I was the one who was not getting married, not her. I should have been crying and yet I was mad as hell.

"Why not?! That man loves you and you love him, what in the world could have happened in the span of 24 hours to change your mind so drastically?" She questioned, dabbing at her tears. My sister, India rolled her eyes at our mother's antics.

"Loves me?" I scoffed and stepped to the side to let my mother see the tearful blonde that sat on my hotel room chair. Her golden locks complimented her sun kissed tanned skin and her light green eyes were glazed over with fresh tears that were ready to join the others that streaked her perfect face. She was dressed in a blood red mid length, full sleeved bodycon dress with black platforms to match. The lady was stunning. "Mother, meet Ethan's mistress, Ava." The gasp that followed didn't surprise me at all but what came out of her mouth next did.

"Mistress? Asia, would you stop all this nonsense and just go out to marry the man?" She chuckled. "Mistress. That man adores you way too much to cheat on you."

I walked over to the desk beside Ava and grabbed the manila folder. Walking in the strapless sweetheart mermaid wedding dress proved to be a difficult task but I managed to walk back to my mother without any trouble. "I thought so too. Until Ava showed up here telling me that she had slept with Ethan twice-- wait, it was twice right?" Ava shook her head and help up three fingers. "Ah, three times, my bad. Anyway, she thinks she's pregnant. I didn't believe it either, ma, until I saw these." I opened the folder and reached for the two pictures that had made my heart hurt the most.

Even looking at them now, my hands trembled and my breath caught in my throat. I handed them to her, not wanting to stare at it anymore. My mother's face changed and she shook her head. "This is disgusting." she finally stated.

I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat and once again pushed the tears back. "I know." I whispered. India came around and hugged me tightly, seeing that slowly I was starting to crumble.

"Look, I really didn't mean to cause this much trouble-." Ava started.

"The hell you didn't!" My mother exclaimed, shocking us all. My mother like to believe she was a prestigious woman and hardly lost her temper. "You were sleeping around with a man who was involved and when you find out you're pregnant, you decide to arrive on his wedding day to deliver this shit!"

"I'm-I'm sorry, I just... I'm sick of the lies and I don't want my baby to grow up surrounded by them."

"You know what? How do I even know that your ass is really pregnant?" I had her then. She hesitated. "Have you even been to a doctor?"

She shook her head. "But I just know that I am pregnant. I know it."

"The same way that I know I'm not marrying Ethan." Without waiting for anyone to try and change my mind, I stormed out, wedding dress and all and made my way to the room that Ethan and his groomsmen were getting ready.