CHAPTER TWELVE

*PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LOVED THIS CHAPTER!!*

MAYA.

I sauntered around the small room, worry creeping in my mind as I paced back and forth. He made a promise right? I left Red for him, he couldn't be worse.

It couldn't be.

That won't be fair to me, recalling the whole shebang; it made it hard for me to ponder that he wouldn't be as repressive as his appearance.

He was the same being that asked those arrows to be shot at me, the one who said my sisters should be auctioned off. Although, he brought them from wherever Red disposed them and gave them better shelter.

"Thinking about it reminded me of how uncaring that Red truly was..."

How could he say he loved me and permit my sisters to go through that? And yet at the Welcoming ball, he acted like he was concerned about them.

Why did he overlook them from the beginning? He never cared, just wanted me to warm his bed.

"Leaving them in a prison wasn't the way to gain my heart and there I was, submitting like my sisters where in a better place, unknown to me that they were in a worse condition."

Right now, I believed Zaya and her sharp tongue won't make her lose her head. And as for me, I hoped my immense love for amity won't position me in a tight predicament again, "I mean...I made the blade cut him and he bled furiously from what I saw."

I should have been careful; the actuality was that I didn't know how to act when I see threat.

I pushed the plate of salad, hoping there would be a day I survived where I wouldn't be in so much anxiety.

Locking me up in that dark place was not what I anticipated, the terror in his eyes and his actions were two dissimilar things therefore, I feel like, I could have faith in him.

I don't think he would hurt her.

I remained there for about few hours until that attendant released me, not replying the questions I asked her but instead telling me to rinse and cloth myself for I was going to meet the King.

I couldn't stand the suspense as I was relentlessly discerning what it could be and finally, the door opened.

I stood from the chair and hurried to the door where the attendant was, she eyed me from up to down and nodded.

"It's the period, you've been waiting for, follow me." She said, leading the way and in relief I took a deep breath and followed her.

The meander gave me stretch to see the castle but because of what I had in mind, I didn't pay any attention to it. And as much as I didn't want to pay attention; I was still able to concede some multifaceted structures of the turret as we walked.

"And as we progressed, numerous workers passed, stopping and exercising respect towards Attendant Evon, not paying any attention to me and just like that...it was like this was where we fitted."

"Where nobody was stopping to disparage or pitch things at us."

I felt the design of the hall transform. The ramparts inside the castle were all highlighted in red but when we got into this hall...more like a gallery. It was mixed with red and gold-plating, everywhere.

Followed by an intricate and prudently spread golden carpet along the pathway where we walked, tributes and statues of golden dragons in the walls, heavily chandeliers on the ceiling like the one at the Welcoming ball.

Finally, Evon stopped; golden doors were unlocked and she walked in confidently. I followed her into the large hall that had marble floors and immediately my eyes caught my sisters who were all seated, including Zayathustra.