CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!!

MAYA.

I staggered when I saw the luminosity in their eyes convoyed by their allegiance that disclosed that they were truly Mystics. I don't know what it was but it felt like I couldn't breathe. I felt so suffocated.

Whyy...I said watching them dissipate the glow that tainted their eyes, smoldered in the night.

How come?

What is going on?

My voice came out like I was beseeching for help.

"Queen Mayathustra, I am Tar." The man in front said still resolved on his knees along with the others.

"There is a lot you need to know for the time to tell has come and we can't hide it any longer. Please come with us."

I couldn't even process everything that I was seeing and hearing but if I wanted to find out, I couldn't discard any time.

"Lead the way." I said, trying to control my thumping heart.

Tar and the rest of the men led me into the woods where people rarely visited but it wasn't so reticent. It was until three of the men detached parched swards that were sprawled over some kind of dump that I got to see a dwelling place, tunneled as a large circle. I looked over at the men with curiosity but I already reached this part, I wasn't turning back again.

Tar stretched and helped me into the secret entrance burrowed under and I followed them into a large dwelling place where several others were present in it. It included women who were robed in the dark clads too. The cold hollow had pint-sized light that barely helped until several candles were lit, fluid seeping from several hovels, saturating and soaking the ground; the thought of them being in this place for heaven knows how long made my heart grit.

The ones in the hollow genuflected on the cold, soaked ground, men and women included, to pay admiration towards me but I couldn't even raise my head in the direction of their fidelity. How can I receive it when I hadn't done anything to honor it? I'd been locked up in Ingrey and they were risking their lives for the greater good.

"We pay allegiance to you Queen Mayathustra, Sadin, daughter of the Great Thustra."

"Rise."

I said my voice cracked and tranquil to their undying loyalty and love for our fallen nation.

My eyes meandered to the entire base and the defaulting shelter where animals were not even capable of staying but somehow because of the vision they had, they were able to put the discomfort behind and sacrifice blindly. And now it didn't matter what I wanted, it was time to do the same.

"How long have you all been dwelling here? How many are they? What about our nation?"

"We penetrated the castle ever since the King returned from Magaland, thousands of our men and women wait outside the borders for the successful rescue of you, Queen." A woman answered.

You are?

"I am Katara, Queen. I am the general of the Mystics army and I strategized the siege to successfully kill that scum called Red and return you back to the throne of Mystics."

What about our nation?

"Queen, so many people have died but the gods have also consecrated us too and we are one again, our fortification is impenetrable just like how it was when Queen Thustra sat on the throne and this time, Ingrey wouldn't dare to mess with us because our resilient ordnances have fully-fledged."