CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

*PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!!*

MAYA.

I endured motionless when I saw the steel gleam as it elevated to the twilight sky, more men stood behind the one that was clad in a dark ensemble. The men that were trying to abuse me moved back in terror as their eyes fixed on the ones who bounded them.

I recognized the sword; it was the same blade that Wind and the protectors of my Island carried with them.

From a corner, a finger from one man clad in dark ensemble beckoned me to move closer to his adjacent and this was the part where I practically had nothing to lose but pray that they were truly whom I thought they were.

Immediately, I charged towards their side and one of the molesters tried to seize me before several swords protruded and surrounded them once more, capturing them in a ring. "One man put me behind him like he was protecting me from the occurrence and curiosity swept my thoughts as he took this action."

"Say your last prayer."

Someone from the dark ensemble spoke making the molesters who were captured in the ring shudder and quiver in cold fear.

"Wait, have mercy." One spoke on behalf of his group

Would you have had mercy on her? The same person in the dark covering asked.

"The King's armies are already looking for the Sadin; you will be caught very soon no matter where you hide." But, let me give you an advice. It would benefit you if you tell the King that you are acting on someone's orders.

Someone who hates the Sadin too? Maybe that would prolong your life.

The man said and I doubted if he were really on my side, was he going to allow these men spurt freely? How did he know them? He spoke as if he had been watching them before and if he knew why they tried to hurt me.

Why are you telling us this? One of the abusers asked, curious himself as to why someone who had overpowered them would give them an advice.

"If you do not want your kin to be dragged into this, then you will choose my advice." At the end of this, it's still because of fidelity you're doing this, isn't it? So, it's not really a lie.

You speak nonsense! One shouted. "You do not know anything about us."

What don't I know? The man that stood in front of me said. You are part of the men whom Red took to massacre the Sadin's clan and you cannot watch him lose his position in Ingrey because of a mere profanity. Hence, you want to put law in your own hands and agonize her? Am I wrong?

Who are you?

Does it matter? All of you in this group have few siblings and you wouldn't want the King's wrath to fall upon them, you better do as I say. "If the King's men get you in the end, it would help if you take my guidance, at least you will all die alone."

I listened to everything the man who beckoned me with his finger said and it appeared as if he was telling them to push the denunciation unto Red.

He's an enemy of Red?

"You better run along before the King's men catch up with you," he said to the vile men who didn't think about their strategy in the first place for there were already arguments going on in between them.

The circle that was made around them by the men in dark clothing opened and the molesters squandered no time in running for their lives. And now I faced the men whose identities were still concealed.