CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Ralph walked into the obscure passage of his castle in grief, he just returned back to his Kingdom that two day expedition and yet he couldn't rest his body. His three months journey to Magaland was solely to deliver support to a Kingdom whose slaves were attacking its masters, recidivists disappearing and no one seemed to understand. That was his main motive; Maganland was the closest to Ingrey and if something were to befall this Kingdom, it would knock-back Ingrey too.

Magaland and Ingrey communicated and merchandised with each other very often, their populaces were vigorously involved with one and other and Ingrey being the absolute supreme of the other homelands, these difficulties needed backing from Ingrey. Magalands representatives had rushed down to Ingrey because of the outlandish behaviors of some people alleged to be revolutionaries of a fallen Nation.

At this point, Ralph didn't fathom how he could just lose men that he sent to investigate in assemblages, no sign of their haven or disappear. He ventured to unravel and ease a concern and yet he was reimbursed with a burden.

The clues harmonized though, every prisoner that misplaced were ones that were basically peripatetic from one habitat to another, the color of their skin didn't do a good job hiding who they were, they had brown and dark skins, it was enough for everyone to know that the Mystics were rising once again. "And they did a good job in hiding."

These men where ones who had families, he understood the pain of the Mystics, but at the same time couldn't just let go of thirty men. He hoped they were alive, oh, he begged heavens that his men were hale and hearty. Now, he hadn't even come to a conclusion to his court.

Everyone's point had an advantage and disadvantage, but at the end of the day he would be saving two lives.

He only hoped that the Mystics too would end it in their part too, what was the certainty that the Mystics would not still wage war with them especially when some people rumored that they had black magic, it was said they could disappear, shake the earth and some other rancorous things, some sounded like facades.

As he thought his mind reached the part where he saw Maya and how his heart reacted to her. This wasn't the first time he saw her but yet it stood like the first, immediately when he caught her, a vision of his mother swept his sight and he was lost in the trance.

The feeling that overshadowed him in that point was what how he felt as he walked out of the dark passageways.

How his mother left him with a smile when the anxiety of losing his father was too much for her to bear...he missed that woman so much. Throughout the time his father left for the underworld, she didn't look remorseful nor sad, she would always laugh and smile with him.

Ralph was still young and he was getting to know the dragon, sometimes the dragon's anger would surface but his mother would face him in the eye and tell him to bite it down.

Before Dycana left her son, she removed the mistresses her husband had for the sake of passing the berserk lineage. She gave everyone his own territory, one reason was beacuse she was scared that when she passed, her son wouldn't be able to contain the anger anymore.

Her greatest fear for her son was the thought of the dragon filling her son with bitterness. She didn't want him to be like Tykini who only knew about glory and overthrow, she wanted him to think past the glory and focus on the bitter truth of the story and it was that time she gave him his native name, Fushi.

Granting him a relic that she grew up with, being a child that was abandoned and adopted into a wealthy family in Ingrey. One would think that was where it would end; thankfully her adoptive parents held unto this relic for her, it was when she met Tykini that she didn't need to know who she was anymore.