CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Ralph returned from his little trip, there was an emotion he had never experienced before threatening to jump out from his thumping chest.

The morning was already lively when he entered the castle, he had an answer for something he sought for and also got one for somewhat he didn't contemplate there was an answer for. He sauntered into the entrance with a smile; his eyes fell on the red carpeting as he moved slowly.

At this point, he didn't remember that she was a Sadin. He didn't recollect that she was the one he took from his brother so that there wouldn't be issues of the past reigning again. No, he didn't. That which made him so happy was that his heart was thumping, he actually had feelings for someone who wasn't his blood.

He had never felt this way for a woman? All his life, he thought his heart was dead, so how come it was pounding by the mere thought of a woman. Three months.

They were apart for three months; they never conversed or stayed within each other's space to breed these feelings, so how come he thought about her everyday throughout these months? Neither of them came forth to express why they would stare at each other, no word out of their mouth to explain the meaning of their longing.

He had feelings for her....

The realization hit Ralph so much that he didn't understand why or when it started but he knew his heart was not the same. In actual fact, finding out brought about an immense shift, a stir that made him know that he had feelings for her. For some reasons the warmth in her eyes reminded him of his mother, her leadership and sacrifice. His uncle just spread a good amount of light onto his path and only Ralph fathoms what exactly he saw with the light.

Rambling in his own castle, he merely looked at his path knowing that he couldn't bump into anything. This was the same solitude he matured in, hence his thoughts about this woman deepened as his eyes glued to the floor of his castle. In that moment, a bump collided at him, forcing him to raise his head.

What wishful thinking, it was the same woman he thought about ever since he rode back to the castle, standing in front of him.

This was his first experience in love, the first time he felt himself wanting to long for someone. And in this moment, he couldn't detach his eyes from the Sadin who was trying to hide her own thumping chest from his scrutiny.

They were too close to each other.

Ralph's stature was elevated above hers making it easy to behold every sole structure of her face. "And Maya, it was the same for her. It was the second time she saw him pleased, though she promised herself to put off a guise of inconsideration towards him and his brothers after what took place in this court but at this point, his presence didn't even give her a chance to dredge up what she articulated."

A part of her felt that he was responsible for her, especially when he told her that he was going to shelter her and her sisters. "Only if Ralph knew how abysmal those promises submerged when he said it to her face."

The experience of that moment when his brother Eros came against her with his sword made his promise seem worthless and it aggrieved her to the zeniths of her heart. It upset her because she wanted more from him and the thought that she didn't fully have that which he said to her made her feel like three months apart had changed him from who she initially thought he was.

"Neither of them uttered anything to each other but they expected the other to fathom their undeclared feelings." One was nervous that she wasn't worth it and the other didn't even understand why his eyes wouldn't shift from her.

It took Maya long enough to remember that she was not pleased with him; hence she gave a short nudge and headed her way. Well, not before he held her softly by the arm, his heart is not ready to permit her presence escape again.