Jackson Avery-When We Were Young

A/N: I legit love this guys version of the song better than Adele singing it herself. So that's the reason it is The voice rather then a music video.

Everybody loves the things you do
From the way you talk to the way you move
Everybody here is watching you
'Cause you feel like home
You're like a dream come true

Jackson Avery was your dream man ever since you realized it when you were 17. You know everyone around you dreamed to be with him and you were no exception. He was a well-beloved guy everyone in your family loved him and all your friends as well. He was like a brother to you. Your family's where both big names in the medical field so you would see him frequently. You always dreamed of Jackson but he was definitely your one that got away in your eyes.

But if by chance you're here alone
Can I have a moment before I go?
'Cause I've been by myself all night long
Hoping you're someone I used to know

That all changed when you were at another one of your family's galas this one being in Seattle rather than Boston. You thought you had seen him but you weren't sure. The last time you saw him you both were 18 finishing up your first year of college and now 10 years later it could possibly be him. You lay low trying to see if it's really the man of your dreams.

"Y/N?" Someone says while your back is turned to them.
"Yes?" You say while turning around.
"OMG! Jackson?" You basically yell.

You look like a movie
You sound like a song
My God, this reminds me
Of when we were young

"I haven't seen you in 10 years how have you've been?" You say.
"I've been great I'm a third-year resident at Mercy West Hospital, how about you?" Jackson answers.
"I actually work here in Seattle too, I'm a third-year resident at Seattle Grace Hospital."
"Well Y/N, that's amazing I can't believe...you look amazing I mean that dress and that...You look great."
"Thanks, Jackson, you don't look too shabby yourself," you say trying to play down your major crush for him even after all these years.
"I haven't been to a gala since I was 18 it was in Boston, and you were there, I feel like we stepped back in a time it honestly doesn't feel any different, except the fact that we can drink at this one," you say causing Jackson to laugh.

Let me photograph you in this light
In case it is the last time
That we might be exactly like we were
Before we realized
We were sad of getting old
It made us restless
Oh I'm so mad I'm getting old
It made me reckless
It was just like a movie
It was just like a song

"We have to photograph this to show that this happened," you suggest.
"Oh so you're one of those snap chat it or it didn't happen girls?" Jackson says playfully.
"Oh shut up I just want a picture with you dummy!"
"Hey I have a picture of us in my wallet," Jackson says remembering the fact.
"Omg! Let me see I bet it's cringey."

He shows you the picture. It's the two of you in the same pose as 15-year-olds.

"This is a 12-year difference and the only thing different is our height and our facial features have matured," You say with a laugh.
"Our hair and fashion style as well," Jackson adds with a laugh.
"That's true."

You still look like a movie
You still sound like a song
My God, this reminds me
Of when we were young

"Jackson, I have a confession, I have to say it, I've been holding on to it for 10 years now and I honestly have to tell you."
"I have to tell you something too, You go then I'll go."
"Okay, Jackson I love you I can't hide it anymore," you say causing you face to get extremely red.
"Oh, Y/N I love you too. I should have told this a long time ago."