The Maze

It was finally here, the night you have been preparing for, Halloween. You saved and slaved your earnings and time to put together this year's costume. As an ambitious fashion designer and artist, there was no way that you were going to just buy a costume. Ever since you were 12 years old you have been making your own costumes with the dream of owning your own store of specialty clothes. Now you are 21 and attending your dream school, hoping to get noticed by someone to take you on as an apprentice. That was your next step to completing your goal.

Tonight, was the night that all your years of making your own costumes were going to pay off when you win the contest for best costume at the Halloween party hosted by your school. There was a bunch of different costume contest, but you chose to stick to one. Best costume in fantasy horror. There was something about the genre that was speaking to you. And this year's costume was...a witch.

Generic. Yes. Overdone. True, but you were determined to bring something new to the look. Something more then just a pointed hat, black dress and a broom or wand. The costume you created was a Victorian style dress that was made of a dark green velvet and black lace. You smiled at yourself in the full-length mirror doing one last spin around to feel the weight of the dress and to see the black ruffles on the bottom sway. Now, just because it was a Victorian style didn't mean that you were going to be a prude. To add some fun and sexiness you made the neck line lower and lined with a black ribbon lace so that it showed off the beautiful curve of your breasts. A choker with long strings of black beads lay across just above your chest to help draw some attention away and to add some elegance to your look. As for your pointed hat, it too was green with a shear black vail that you could pull down or put up. Glitter black roses sat on the brim of the hat. You did your hair in tie up curls that fell around the back of your head.

You checked over and over to make sure that every piece of your hard work was in place. You smiled at the click of your black buckled boots as you went back to your vanity to add one last touch. Black lipstick. Feeling ready to go you slip the tube in a green velvet pouch purse that you made just for this night.

When you stepped outside your home you gaze up at the sky hoping to see a full moon. You chuckled to yourself seeing that your wish for clear skies to see the full moon tonight came true. With the moon high in the air on this Halloween night you swore that you could magic rippling in the air... 

Xxx

"Oh, my goodness! Is that you Y/N?" I smirked at my friend as I strutted into the ballroom of the hotel. She was dressed as a fairy in a pink wig that looked cute with her round face. "You look so good!" She cried then jumped at me trapping me with her arms in a hug.

"So, do you! Turn around!" My friend let out a giddy laugh as she got onto her tiptoes and flitter around in a circle. The movement made her white wings flutter slightly as her light pink tutu bounced. I laughed with her thinking how cute she looked. When she stopped she grabbed onto my hands and began pulling me outside.

"Come on Y/N! There is still some time to have fun before the contest you want to enter starts!"

"Where are we going!" I cried as the cool outside air rushed against my face. The garden was lit with orange lamps that hung above our head and purple lights stretched out on the low bushes. My friend looked over her shoulder with a wide playful grinned as she pointed to a large green walled maze.

"This hotel is famous for its seven-foot maze. It's so large that they have to have a staff member waiting outside so no one will get stuck over-night. They decorated it just for this party. We have to check it out"

I stopped following her and shook my head. "But what if it takes too long. I don't want to miss the contest."

"Oh, it'll be fine, they blocked part of it off, so it can be completed in thirty minutes. The contest doesn't start for another hour and a half."