The Wolf

Hey everyone! Just quick note, I will be substituting Y/N with Persona. This still is a reader x character story, but instead of the usual Y/N persona the word persona will be you. Writing Y/N over and over was killing it for me for this story. Since , persona works as a name (kind of?), and since, the meaning works for this scenario that's what I'm going with.  Oh! I will be replacing ch 1 with this new edit, maybe. Cool? Cool. :D Thanks for reading!

XXX

Persona followed after the sprite without once looking back to see how close their pursuers where. All she could do was hope that where ever Yugi was taking her was close. It's a good thing my boots are easy to run in, if only I didn't have a heavy dress on. Yugi glanced back at the girl and was glad she was able to keep up with his speed, though he would have liked to go faster. I would have made it there by now, but I can't leave her behind!

He thoughts linger to the last witch he had known and what had happened to her. He was coward back then and hated that he did nothing to help her. He shook his head to stop himself from crying. Not now! I have to be brave if I want to be any help to Persona. I just hope Joey will really help me.

Just as Yugi thought of his friend a gigantic blade came down in front nearly killing him. The blade came up and a goblin stepped out laughing at the pair's shocked faces. "There you are!" It sneered as it licked its yellow teeth. "The King wants to see the two of you."

"Thanks for letting us know but we'll pass on the invitation." Yugi spat then flew over to Persona and waved at her to follow him. The goblin yanked the blade out of the ground with a grunt and a chuckle. They turn to run in the other direction when another goblin appear behind them with a mace. Yugi and Persona back as far as they could from the pair while trying to think of a way out. A howling sound then ripped through the air making Yugi smile hopefully. The two goblins turned looking to see where the howling came from when a great big wolf leaped out of the darkness biting the one hold the mace in the neck. Both Yugi and Persona looked away from the sight as the goblin screamed for help.

The wolf chomped down on its neck once more and gave it one good shake. The sound of a broken neck ringed in Persona's ears as she closed her eyes then turned her head away. The sprite flew close to the frighten girl and rested his head on her cheek and stroke her skin. "It's okay. We're going to be okay. Just keep your eyes closed and it will all be over soon."

"This place," Persona cried out as a tear slipped out for the first time tonight, "its horrible." Yugi moved so not to get drenched in her giant tears. He moved to a drier spot and kissed her cheek saying sweetly, "I know and that's why I'm going to get you out of here." He then looked over at the wolf wishing that he would hurry up and end the bloodshed. Yugi hated how seeing this kind of violence no longer bother him as much as it used too. There was a time where he would have begged the wolf to stop, but now...

"Think of what you're doing wolf! Aren't you on the patrol? Or have you gone rogue?" The other goblin screamed as he raised his weapon over his head. The wolf dropped the dead goblin and dodged the attack. The blade came down so fast it lodged itself too deep in the ground making the goblin work to get it out. Leaping off a stone wall the wolf shoved the creature away from the weapon. Panicking as it crawled backwards from the beast it yelled out, "Listen you mutt! That woman is a witch! You know the law! If you save her the king will come after you personally! I'll forget what you did just now if you get rid of her and the sprite!"

Yugi gasped and looked over at the wolf. The beast growled as it spared a look over at the pair. His eye met Yugi's for a second. It then turned back to the goblin and spoke in a broken gruff voice, "Sprite with witch? Sprite die too?"