Epilogue Part 5 : Fathers

"The gate should be ready in the next forty minutes," Huarwar said as he studied the wooden arch he had an earth wizard conjure up that morning. "The heavens are nearly align and Wormwood has just finished carving the coordinates into our gate. When the time is right, the power from the alignment will open the gate here so that you may pass through."

The demon looked around at the gate and asked, "And will it directly take us to my daughter?"

"No, I'm afraid that we can't control where the gate opens up in their world, but I have given the 'address' that your daughter spoke of to Seto." Yami nodded approvingly at the preparations for his journey to Persona's world. Tonight, he would finally see his mate and child.

"Thank you Huarwar for all your hard work and willingness to work with Wormwood. You showed great dedication to helping me before you knew that Yugi also had a daughter waiting for him."

The wizard bow graciously saying, "It was my pleasure to assist you and to have Wormwood share his knowledge with me. I am also looking forward to seeing the lady again and to have young royal feet running about the castle."

"I concur," Wormwood croaked as he stood. "It makes the sacrifice my comrades made well worth it my lord."

Yami smiled at them both saying, "Thank you, I-"

"Yami!" Shouted a voice.

The demon turned and saw Joey sprinting across the lawn. When he halted in front of Yami, Joey went straight in to the details he had. "Yami! There's something wrong with the girls! Yugi is talking to his daughter! She said that some bad people have kidnapped them and are going to use them for some kind of spell!" Yami's face harden and the two spellcasters glanced at each other as Joey went on saying, "Seto and Mai are with him, but Yugi has flooded about half the castle."

"Of course he has," Yami snapped, "our children are in danger!" A dark aura flared up around him making the wolf jump back.

"Whoa! Don't kill the messenger!" Joey cried.

Yami didn't hear him and pointed to the castle saying, "Bring Yugi and Seto here! We are leaving now!"

"Right!" Joey said giving him a salute and sprinted back. Yami rounded on the spellcasters and lowered his dark power. He didn't need to ask if leaving now was possible as he saw the two hurriedly talking to each other on what they could do to send people to Persona's world without the use of the gate. Yami could barely understand what they were talking about, but he understood one thing, the gate could not be open sooner. The two were still trying to come up with a solution as Yugi, Seto, Joey and Mai walked up the lawn towards them.

"Hold on my darling, I need to speak to Mai's father for a quick second. Just hold onto the link." Yugi's eyes did not match the soft calm tone he had as he talked to Hiba. "Well?" was all he said when he looked to Yami.

Yami shook his head repeating the only bit of information he understood, "We can't take the gate for another thirty minutes."

Yugi's eyes darken and he stared into Yami's eyes as he said in an even tone, "Atem, we cannot wait that long. Hiba is too frantic to tell me what is going on, but they need help now."

"I think I may have a suggestion," Wormwood said stepping forward from Huarwar. "Due to the unusual energy caused by the stars alignment, I believe I can use a teleportation spell and the Light King's link with his daughter to take him, and one other person, to where she is."

"The only downside," Huarwar explained, clearly not liking the idea, "is that your powers will be nullified till the alignment has reached its peak. You'll be on your own till the gate opens and help is sent to you."