8

Narrative

"Is Lucy up yet?" Levy asked her partner. Gajeel shrugged with both his eyebrows up, "Who knows with her, she always sleeps in. Got nothing better to do then to sleep all day." Levy slapped his arm with a stern look and continued to make breakfast with her boyfriend.

"I'm right here!" Lucy said excitingly. "And yes I was sleeping in, I called in sick!" She sat on a chair next to the table, eager to eat the delicious smelling sweet chocolate chip waffles and bacon.

"Shit" Gajeel said as a pan fell to the ground, Lucy flinched a bit, her heart suddenly beating hard and fast. Levy noticed this, "Calm down Lucy, it was just a pan" She reached to put a hand on Lucy's shoulder, once made contact with her shoulder Lucy screamed, "No!" she fell backwards onto the floor.

"Lucy, are you okay?" Levy helped her friend up, Lucy nodded and shook her head, "sorry, I had a terrible nightmare" Levy nodded sympathetically and Gajeel gave her a plate of breakfast. "Don't worry blondie, if it was just a dream you'll forget it"

Lucy nodded and ran a hand through her blonde hair rolling her eyes at her nickname Gajeel had given her. Levy sat down with her own plate of food. "So, hows work so far?" Levy asked taking a bite.

Lucy nodded, "It's fine, I've met a few people. I was supposed to work with a woman named Erza but she never showed, they said she called in and said she wouldn't make it" Lucy shrugged, "I wanted to meet her" Lucy looked behind her and saw the couch remembering her uncomfortable positions and sore aching muscles from the nights before, "Thanks for giving me your room Levy" Levy shook her head, "After you got your job I felt like you needed your own room, it was no problem to stay with Gajeel," Gajeel nodded, "I don't mind seeing this woman in the morning"

Levy giggled and slapped his arm softly. Lucy smiled at the couple and stood up, "I'll wash all the dishes later." She walked out of the room hearing a loud 'thank you!'. Opening the door to the room and sat on her bed. Her head facing the window. For some reason she longed to be at work.

Being with those people made her feel care free, even if she had just began. Something about them attracts her.

But it goes without notice, she's been more on guard since she's met those people. The dreams she has was easy to be put off because it was her imagination, but those screams she heard...they were just too real to ignore. She's been on edge and she needed something to help her relax.

Maybe she could get to know her co-workers better over a drink or two, possibly a whole round of them....