12

Narrative

Trembling, sweating, and biting her own lip is what Lucy was doing. She shook terribly while the back of her neck became moist, she tasted her own blood because of the constant chewing. She stood in front of a throne, the man who was the leader of the underworld—mostly known as the Devil—wasn't sitting in his seat and the others were becoming annoyed whilst Lucy silently cheered in her mind, although she was more than anxious.

"Where is he?!" Lisanna said running a hand through her white hair, she glared at Lucy with her blue crystal eyes. Her eyes turned a glowing light blue, she licked her lips looking at Lucy with the pupils of a cat or a venomous snake. "Or maybe I should try to eat her up again!"

"Touch her and I will burn your pale arms off, as well as scoop your eyes out with an ice cream scoop, accompanied with ripping off all the hairs from your body." A calm voice said from the corner. Lisanna froze in her place, at first Lucy thought it was because of the sudden voice, but then after a while she learnt that Lisanna was actually frozen in place.

Mira was the first to bow, everyone followed; looking down with a hand on each knee. Lucy still stood watching the man sit on his red bloody chair and when he sat flames sprouted out of his body for a quick second. He shook his head to get his black hair from his face, he looked at Lucy, she could feel the intensity of his black eyes looking upon her brown ones.

He raised an eyebrow, "Stupid human," he sneered, "In the presence of a god you have to bow!" He raised his arms up, almost presenting himself as a greater being, which he was.

Lucy still didn't move, she watched as he placed both lifted arms on each arm of his strange chair, he sighed and snapped his fingers. Smoke appeared next to him and revealed Natsu, she looked back at where he was previously but he was gone. "How?" she whispered.

"Idiotic girl, I am the devil, I have powers" he snapped his fingers, "Keep up!" He looked to his side which stood Natsu. He eyed Natsu and then Lucy. "I'll give you a little history before I make any important changes. Walk to me."

Lucy looked around her, Mira stood up and jerked her head towards the devil's direction. Lucy nodded nervous and she quivered as she walked up two or three steps to be in front of him. He eyed her and smirk, "You are a beautiful lady, I can see why my brother was not interested in killing you when he first saw you."

"Brother?" she whispered, "You and Natsu are related?" He chuckled with delight, "Yes princess, Natsu is my brother. Aka, the next heir to the throne. Now for that history lesson I mentioned." He looked behind her and used his mind to pick a book up that sat on a desk, it flew towards Lucy which caused her to duck. He held the book and opened it to a random page.

"Ah! Here it is!" He said, he handed the book to Natsu, "Do you wanna read it?" Natsu shrugged and picked the book up, one hand holding the spine of it and the other holding the cover. He cleared his throat and picked the page up from it's corner to get a better look on the words.

"Mavis Vermilion, a queen of her time. The favorite in the entire kingdom, the kingdom of Angels. Her arch enemy, the devil at the time, Lucifer-" "Our great grandfather" His brother interrupted. "The queen was as normal as any other leader until she was "blessed", nobody really knows who blessed the queen as she never told anyone the name, the blessing gave them immunity to any powers the devil possessed. Many considered the blessing a curse, because it lead her to the meeting with the devil." The book was snatched away as his brother read the rest.

"Blah blah blah, centuries later she fought Lucifer and used one of her powers to defeat him. She didn't really defeat him but took some powers away from him." He pointed towards the group of people, or more so demons, behind Lucy, "They powers they have now, used to belong my great grand father's, these people, even if poor, came from the nobles which is why they are the only ones in and out of hell."

Lucy listened, she was interested yet terrified of the new information. "Here is a quick family tree" He said slurred as if he were drunk. "On the top of the gifted royal angels is Mavis, then Anna, then your stupid mother and lastly you." He spat Lucy's mother name and mentioning Lucy herself.

"What did my mother do?" She asked with a shaking voice; not nervous anymore but anxious and confused.

"After Mavis passed,"He cleared his throat, "Sorry I meant died. Demons destroyed heaven and killed Angels. Anna made a deal, the Angel after her and beyond will be forced to marry the devil. Layla was supposed to marry me!" he banged on his chair like a child, "But she married your pathetic father and had you, half human half Angel."

"So you mean my mother was half Angel and half Demon?" Lucy asked, "Correct" he answered. "I want to destroy heaven so badly! But I'll restrain myself if you are willing to marry Natsu since he is the next Devil. It's your choice."

Lucy shook her head, "No! Never!"

"Oh, did I say your choice? I meant no choice" He snapped his fingers again, "Gray! Erza! Take her away. Mira and Juvia! Come with me to plan the wedding. Lisanna and Cana, invite the Angels!"

"NO! PLEASE!" Lucy shouted, "LET ME GO!"

"Knock her out please, her screaming is deafening." He held two fingers to his head watching the blonde struggle. She might be immune to powers but not sleeping gas.

"Brother?" Natsu asked, "Is this a good idea?"

"I'm not sure, but either way she is the next heir. The Angel's would be happy to now they have a queen instead of not having one. They had no queen for years, they would probably give her a crown and sash and throw her to the throne, that is how desperate they are. Pesky Angels."

"Okay, I know I could always trust you Zeref"

"Sure"

------------------------------------

Just so you know...

The Queen Angel would marry whoever the Devil was at the time and have children that were half Devil and half Angel. The minimum requirement for how many kids they had to have was 2. One rules the demons realm and the other the angel realm. When they grow older they would procreate with an Angel or Devil in their own realm and those kids would marry each other, (but their like cousins...). Like for example, Anna was a skipped generation but Layla was not and she had to procreate with Zeref but she did not causing it to be out of order.

Sorry if that was confusing :/