13

Narrative

Darkness is all Lucy could see as she opened her eyes, her eyes open widely. She looked around frantically until she saw a door in front of her, the crack underneath was bright with light on the other side. Lucy noticed she had awoken on a queen sized bed with the softest of blankets and pillows surrounding her. This was definitely a bed fit for royalty, which she found out she was.

She stood up fast, she held her hand to her head for it was beating, she winced in pain as she walked to the door. She turned the knob and opened the door, she squinted when the light was exposed to her eyes. How long had see been asleep?

"Excuse me?" Lucy whispered to a woman with horns and scales. The woman yelped and turned around in surprise. "Sorry princess, I didn't expect you to be awake so soon!" the woman held a hand to her chest. Lucy nodded and waved, "Please don't call me princess"

"Okay, well follow me to the dinning room my Queen." The woman said as she walked forward. Lucy followed having no idea what part of the building—or more likely castle—she was at. The friendly woman hummed while Lucy eyed her. The woman had horns like a deer and scales like a reptile, her eyes were dark and she had small wings on her back. Lucy remembered the conversation from earlier, about her being half angel.  Would she too grow wings? Like her supposed people? Did her mother have wings? Are halos a thing?

"Here we go," the woman smiled, "Please enter through here." She smiled and bowed, Lucy looked at her head as she bowed and noticed were the horns began in her dark purple hair. "My name is Kinana, call me if you need anything."

Lucy watched as she opened the door, there sat Natsu and his devil brother plus the whole other group sitting by a big table accompanied with fancy chairs. On each end held a brother, there was a seat in the middle, possibly for Lucy. Next to her was Gray and Mira. 

"Oh Lucy! Please join us!" Zeref said. He smiled very widely, Lucy nodded nervously and sat near Mira. Mira smiled at her but Gray glared. Lucy noticed that they had scales and horns as well, but no wings.

They ate in silence, the awkward and anxious atmosphere was enough to consume anything and it was really effecting Lucy as she kept squirming in her chair. Suddenly thought of worry appeared in her mind. 

Is Levy worried? Had they called the cops? How long had see been in this castle? How long does she need to stay? Does she really need to marry Natsu? Against her own will? Is there really no other choice?

She cleared her throat and decided to break the ice.

"Um, I have questions...?" Lucy said, almost in-audible. Zeref perked his head, "Ask away!"

"Did my mother have wings? Like the maid Kinana?" Lucy said. Zeref frowned as he thought. "Yes, your mother did have wings but there is a medicine for getting rid of them, the people you see now got them removed to belong more in the humans realm as you cant hide them at all. They rip clothes and are just very nettlesome to begin with. I," he paused to show off his amazing red and black wings that looked meters long. "-kept mine."

"What about Natsu? Do you need them to be King devil?" Lucy asked. "No, it doesn't matter, if he doesn't have them he will however be seemed as weak. Royals of each realm are allowed to take the medicine that grow back wings, which he has agreed to have despite hearing tales of how painful and insufferable the growing process is." Zeref took a bite of his food. "Anymore questions?"

"Yes, do I get wings? And do I have to have children?" She asked the last one with a begging voice, almost like she wanted nothing to do with kids, which wasn't true since she always dreamed of having a baby boy. Zeref nodded chewing his food. "Of course you will, 2 in fact. And I will place a order for the wing medicine." 

"Oh" Lucy said moving her food to each side with her fork.

He stood up and dusted himself off, "The wedding will take place in 6 months, but preparation will take place immediately."

"What does that mean?" Lucy asked Mira. "That means queen practice."

"What?"