VIII

The group had been joking and playing around, shrieking at everything. Basically, it's what friends do on a Friday night when teachers surprisingly don't assign any homework (which is a very rare occasion that must be celebrated).

"Hey guys. I think I gotta start heading home, it's getting late," Felix breaks the fun, making everyone whine, not wanting him to leave.

The all give in and stand up to walk with Felix to the door. He grabs his bag that was left by his shoes so he wouldn't forget it.

"You know how to get back, right? Are you sure you don't need me to drive you home?" Chan asks softly, his voice hoarse from screaming in anger at his loss in Mario Kart earlier that day.

The rest of Stray Kids are behind him, their faces painted with a mix of worry (worry because Felix will get lost or stolen) and hope (hope that he'll change his mind and stay the night).

"No I'm fine, I swear. I got the google maps app on my phone," Felix smiles reassuringly while he opens the door, "Well, see ya next time, whenever that is,"

"I'll lead you downstairs then, just in case you actually get lost getting out of the building," Chan follows behind him.

"Bye Felix!! Come back soon!" Everyone inside the apartment tries to yell in unison, but they completely fail. The door closes, leaving them in the hallway alone.

They walk together side by side in awkward silence, but Chan quickly coughs to break it.

"So... I assume you like them?" Chan asks, his gaze moves over to Felix's face.

"Like them? I love them! They're the best friends I've had in a while!" Felix shoots his arms into the air to show more excitement. Chan chuckles at him, glad he made the right choice to introduce Felix to Stray Kids. They hop into the elevator they've been waiting for; thankfully it wasn't for too long.

"So, you'll listen to their words, right? You'll love your freckles and block out all the people who disagree with you. I love your freckles, so you should love them, too," He seriously asks Felix, losing some of the fun in his voice.

Felix nods quickly, making himself a bit dizzy. The elevator bell goes off, indicating that they reached the bottom floor.

"Good. You promise me?" Chan holds out his pinky. Felix locks their pinkies together with his own, sealing the promise by touching Chan's thumb pad with his.

To truly finish the promise, Felix kisses Chan's hand, making the older blush a bit at his bold move. He embarrassingly pecks Felix's hand quickly, making the younger giggle at his silliness.