XV

The two enter the café and are immediately hit with the smell of coffee. They walk up to the front counter together and Chan takes out his wallet, wanting to pay for everything they order.

Felix doesn't bother retaliating. Besides, his wallet is empty anyways, so what could he really pay for?

The café is fairly small but comforting; homely but unrecognizable. Felix liked the vibe, made him feel welcomed here. There weren't many people here at this hour, a few students studying late and just one or two couples, but that's it.

"Hey Chan and Felix. What can I get for the both of you today?" An extremely tall barista that looks familiar stands behind the counter, making Felix confused. How does he know Felix's name? He squints is eyes in order to focus on the barista's name tag.

"Hey Johnny, can we get 2 hot chocolates with whipped cream please?" Chan says while staring at the menu behind Johnny. You'd think after coming to this particular café that Chan would have the menu memorized, but he just somehow doesn't.

Felix's brain clicks. Johnny was the only student in his science class that treated him like a regular person. For some reason, he never asked for Johnny's name even though they're in the same class.

"What size?"

"Regular,"

"Okay and that'll be $8.80,"

Chan hands him a $10 bill, knowing it's going to cover the whole cost of the order.

"Hey Felix," Chan gets his attention, "How about you choose a spot? Preferably away from anyone so we don't bother them?"

Felix nods his head, waddling off to find an empty booth for four people in the corner by the window. He sits on the side where he could see Chan patiently waiting for their drinks. He rests his head in his hands, admiring the older from afar without even noticing that he is.

Some time passes and Felix is still adoring Chan. Said boy had now gotten their drinks and is circling around in one spot, trying to find where Felix is seated at. His face lights up once he spots the younger and he starts to carefully walk over to him.

Felix quickly snaps out of his trance, acting as if he totally wasn't just staring at Chan for the longest time.

Chan gets to the table and places down the two mugs; one in front of himself and one in front of Felix. He slides into the chair, adjusting himself into it.

"Hope I didn't take too long," Chan asks the awaiting Felix, but he shakes his head in reply.

The two smile at each other, ready for random topics to be discussed and laughter to be spilled.

They both don't notice Johnny coming towards their table, wanting to see if they're doing already. Johnny cups his mouth with his hands and whispers "I ship it," and speeds away back to behind the counter.

Hearing this made both of them roll their eyes dramatically but their faces flush into a light pink, scared to look at one another.