XII

Felix's face flushed a deep red; he's speechless.

"W-What did y-you just s-say?" He's completely shocked by the sudden compliment, wondering as to what his reason is for saying that.

"What? I'm telling the truth! I don't see anything wrong with what I said," Chan calmly answers his question, confident in what he said to the boy that made him so red.

Hearing this makes Felix blush more (if that's even possible). Why is Chan like this all of a sudden?

"B-But what do y-you mean by t-that?" His shuddering is strong and his voice went up a few octaves.

"What I mean is, is it that you shouldn't cover up your freckles, even if it hurts to show them off," Chan places his hands on his shoulder, trying to knock some sense into his head.

"But," Felix trails off, looking away from Chan, "I can't stop wearing the concealer,. why can't you understand that? I'm afraid of getting bullied again and I don't want what happened in Australia to happen ever again," Felix starts to tear up, the memories are flooding back in.

Never mind.

The water works turn on, making Chan go into panic mode. He starts waving his hands in front of Felix's face, trying to get his attention to stop crying.

In his state of panic, he quickly wraps his arms around the younger's fragile frame. His breathing is hyperventilating, his torso rising and falling fast.

Chan doesn't say anything. All he does is gently rocks the shorter side to side, trying not to cry his own tears.

Thank god the hallway they were in was abandoned; no classrooms, just lockers.