Hold My Hand.

The moment Shaun entered his apartment, Lea knew something was wrong.

"You are here" he said, looking at Lea.

"Well you gave me your apartment's extra key for a reason." Lea said, sitting on the mattress.

Shaun nodded, pressed his lips together, his fingers intertwined and shifted his gaze to the space beside her.

"How was your day, Shaun?" Lea asked.

"It was fine. I had a fight at the hospital with a patient. I was about to get anxious when Clair pulled me out of the room. After that I had a meltdown, so Doctor Glassman and Doctor Melendez sent me home." Shaun said in a monotone.

"Shaun...." Lea said, tilting her head to her side.

Then she noticed that his eyes were a little swollen from crying and his hair were stuck to his forehead due to sweat.

"Would you like to sit with me?" Lea said, happy about the fact that Shaun had layed two mattresses on the floor earlier.

Without saying anything, Shaun sat beside lea on the mattress. Lea then layed down on her back and looked at the ceiling above. Shaun looked at her, hesitating. Then he too layed down on his back, looking at the ceiling above, his intertwined hand on his stomach.

Shaun felt the presence of Lea's open hand on his side. As much as he repelled touch from others, he didn't want to repel this offer from Lea. And he also knew that Lea wouldn't mind if he did repel. But still, he untwined his fingers from each other and kept his hand on Lea's open one.

Lea smiled and took a deep breath, careful not to squeeze his hand. And there they both layed, a distance between them, bridging it with his hand on hers.

Shaun finally felt calm since the fight he had in the hospital.

The End.