Why? (Part 2)

"Lea is here" Glassman looked at her at this sentence. "She brought in a young boy with a head injury, and the boy seems to be autistic." Glassman sighed and looked at the space beside Claire for a few seconds before he said, "Okay." And nodded.

Clair left the room without another word.

Glassman's eyes fell on the article again. He just couldn't get out Lea's expressions out of his mind, when she has seen Shaun's dead body for the first time.

Her expressions had loudly shouted that her heart was breaking even though she had been silent. That morning took away many things from the two of them.

Finally mustering up the courage he got up from his chair keeping the magazines and reports away and went out of his office.

●●●●

Lea sat on one of the hard chairs of the hospital, outside the operating room. Her head rested on the wall behind, her hands in the pockets of her jacket.

She thought about the kid she found today. She was thankful she found the kid on time, Doctor Melendez had said if it would have been 5 minutes late then the kid would have died.

If only I had called Shaun 5 minutes earlier, he would have been safe and--

"Lea" she jerked her head forward to look at the source of the sound.

Oh, Glassy is here.

"Hello, Doctor Glassman" she got up to greet him.

"No, please sit" he said with a small smile.

They both sat on the hard chairs again.

"I read the article today" Glassman said. Lea looked at him, pressing her lips together. Then she shifted her gaze on the hospital floor. Glassman felt a pang of regret, reminding Lea about Shaun's death.

"You did suspected that there was something between me and Shaun, right?" Lea asked Glassman after a few minutes. Glassman looked at her for a few seconds, not getting what to say.

Finally he said "Yes I did"

"Well, it was kind of true."

Doctor Glassman's eyes went wide just the slightest.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yes." she looked at the old doctor. "Well, that day, before leaving, Shaun asked me out." A smile grew on her face. "He asked me if I would like to go to the near by restaurant with him after he returns from work.
"There were some unsaid things between us which we both wanted to let out that night." Her smile detoriated. "But we couldn't." Tears welled up in her eyes, she so badly wanted to tell Shaun that she loved him, but now he was no more. He would never know that. She would never ever have a chance with him.

Doctor Glassman was going to say something to comfort her, but was inturrupted by Doctor Brown.

"You saved a life today Lea." She smiled softly.

Lea looked up, not bothering to wipe her tears; "Really? Is the kid safe?"

"Yes he is." Claire couldn't help but smile broadly.

"Thank you" Lea smiled and looked up at the ceiling. It seemed to Doctor Glassman as if she was looking up at Shaun and being happy that she saved someone.

"Lea, did you helped the kid because he reminded you of Shaun?" The old doctor asked.

Lea looked at him her smile becoming softer by the second; "Yes" she said and nodded. "I thought maybe if I save this kid today, then maybe just maybe I will forgive myself for not saving Shaun and also not letting him know that I loved him."

"Shaun must be proud of your right now, he must be so proud that if he was here he would have boasted about this act of you to everyone in the hospital." Claire said looking down at her, when Lea stood up from her chair.

"Thank you Claire, and that sounds like exactly what Shaun would do." finally, lea gave her signature broad smile, which was lost after Shaun's death.

And Doctor Glassman smiled too, then looked up at the ceiling as if looking at Shaun.

The End.