Chapter 3 - Idiotic Brain

Xander Redent

When my dad told me and my sister that we're moving to America, I hate the idea of it. I already feel comfortable living in London and the idea of moving out of the country is unimaginable.

I was afraid to lose my good friends here, my routine, my comfort zone and everything about London actually. It's not that I'm afraid not having friends in America, I have the Gold Lifes there but it's been a long time since I've seen them and it will be a little awkard even though they're my childhood friend.

"Hey, how's your first day at school?" My dad asked when I entered the house. He was reading something on his iPad and I walked towards him throwing myself to the sofa right across him.

"Great." I said flatly.

"You still miss being in London?" He asked.

"Of course, I was born there and raised there." I said as I closed my eyes.

"But you always wanted to live here."

"I said that when I was a kid, dad." I sighed.

"You'll love it here besides.. if you have a girlfriend, you will want to stay here more than London." Girlfriend? Even I don't want to have one. Having a girlfriend will tie you up and you can't freely go anywhere or hangout with other people like when you're single.

"Yeah right."

"You met the Gold Lifes right?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"And you're going to the gala tonight." I opened my eyes and turned my head to him.

"No."

"Xander, you are going. Everyone will be there." If my dad asked me to come, I don't have a choice. I got up from the sofa and walked up towards my room. I threw myself again to my bed and fell asleep.

"Xander.. Xander.. wake up!" My sister jumped on my bed and I got up slowly.

"What?"

"We're going to the gala tonight." She said and I shook my head.

"Go there alone.. I don't want to." I said as I threw my body back to my bed.

"Xander!!" She shouted right in front of my ears and I got up glaring at her.

"Go take a shower and get ready or I will get dad to do that for you." She said gesturing me to go to the bathroom. I sighed and walked towards my bathroom to take a shower.

I walked out from the shower and dried myself. Walking from the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my hip and then walked towards my closet. I put on my suit and styled my hair back.

"Xander!" I heard Eva calling me.

"What?" I shouted back.

"Let's go!" I sighed and walked out from my room.

"You're ready?" My mom asked as she walked out from the room.

"Yeah."

"You look great." She said and we walked down together. My dad looked at my mom with full admiration in his eyes. Yes, he's that dumb for love.

"What took you so long?" Eva smacked my back and I glared at her.

"Eva.. don't smack your brother like that." My mom said and she smirked.

"Let's go." My dad said and we walked out from our house with our chauffer already waiting for us. We got into the car and I leaned back my body closing my eyes.

I don't care about what dad, mom and Eva are talking while we're on the way to the gala because I'm still sleepy. I kept listening to music ignoring all of my family's conversation.

"Let's go." My dad said and I opened my eyes.

"Don't act stupid." Eva said and I just glared at her closely. Sometimes I think she's my step sister not my real sister. She bullies me a lot. I think mom took her out from a trash car or something.

We got out from the car and walked into the venue. There were a lot of people gather in this big ballroom and of course my dad greeted the Gold Lifes.

"Xander.. come and sit with us!" Chase said and of couse I was so glad to have them here. I sat with Chase and Ian along with the other Gold Lifes but my eyes seems to look for someone in particular.

"Where's your sister?" I asked Chase.

"As usual.. she's busy with her cars."

"Cars? She's racing?" I asked curiously.

"No.. she's a mechanic." That made my eyes widen because that's the most facinating fact that I've ever heard about Athena.

"Alone?"

"She learnt it from my grandfather, Nic, so she loves spending her time in her garage and now she's with him." Chase said as she sipped his wine.

"Why are you looking for my sister anyway?" He asked.

"Wanna ask about our homework, I was in the same Math and Geography class with her."

"Oh I see.. Try to message her."

"I don't have her number." I said truthfully and Chase took out his phone showing me Athena's phone number.

"Thanks man."

"Anytime." Chase smiled and patted my shoulder before he got up and walked away. I smirked looking at Athena's phone number and I decided to message her.

If you're good at fixing cars, can you show me how to fix my heart?

I know that sounds so cheesy and disgusting but I wanna see how Athena reacts. I bet her reaction will be funny because she used to be a drama queen when she's little.

Go to the doctor

I laughed seeing her reply and I can't help but sending another message.

Busy dating with cars?

I looked at my phone screen intensely completely not aware that I was waiting for her reply like an idiot.

Yes, how about you and I go for a ride?

Oh shit! Why am I imagining that she said it in a sexy tone when I know it's a pure sarcasm. I can't believe this. I put my phone back into my suit and closed my eyes.

We just had a little contact and now my head is starting to mess with me? Get in your sense, Xander! Athena is your childhood friend so don't even think about hooking up with her.

Idiotic brain!