Chapter 9 - Wonder

Athena Lemiere

I felt my head so dizzy as I got out from my car. My chauffer gave me my bag and I gestured him to go. I walked towards school not bother to hide my bare face. I looked like a zombie. I sneezed and closed my eyes for a moment.

"Athena.. what happened?" Serena asked.

"I got cold."

"Not you too." She said and I raised my eyebrows.

"Who got cold too?" I asked.

"Xander." Oh boy.

"You want to rest?" She asked and I nodded. She supported my body and lead me to the nurse room. We walked in and Xander was sitting there being check by the nurse.

"Athena? You too?"

"We got soaked in the rain 2 days ago." Xander said and Serena pulled me a chair and let me sit.

"Xander, you have a high fever." The nurse said and then she walked to me to check my temperature.

"You too.. you two should rest. Why did you two come to school anyway?"

"I'm quite a nerd?" I said and Xander chuckled looking at me. The nurse put on a small fever patch on my forehead so was Xander.

"I gotta go.. bye! Get well soon you two!" Serena said as she hugged me.

"Bye." I said and she ran out before before the bell rings.

"You two should rest." The nurse said as she opened the curtain revealing 4 beds. I automaticly walked to the right corner and threw my body to the bed.

"Do you want me to call your parents, Athena?"

"No please.. I just need a little rest, that's all." I said and then she gave me a medicine. I turned to Xander and he laid on the bed beside me. The nursr gave him a medicine too and then I closed my eyes.

"Sorry." I heard Xander whispering.

"Why are you apologizing?" I asked as I opened my eyes.

"I shouldn't have take you to that boat. You must be so cold." He looked at me worried and I smiled.

"I'm fine. Look at yourself.."

"I'm good."

"Good my ass, you look awfull." I joked and he chuckled. I closed my eyers again and slowly getting so sleepy. Not long after that, I fell asleep.

"Athena.. Athena.." I opened my eyes slowly and my eyes widen when I saw Chase sitting beside me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in horror.

"Isaac called me and said you're sick." I closed my eyes and sighed.

"I'm fine, I just need a little rest."

"We're taking you home." He said and I shook my head. I turned to Xander and he's still sleeping.

"I'm fine.. I just need a little rest and then I'm going to attend class.

"Athena, let's go." Chase said as he took my hand. I shook my head pouting but he didn't buy it. He picked me up bridal style and brought me to the door.

"How about Xander?" I asked.

"Eva will come pick him up." Chase said and I nodded. I wrapped my arms around my brother's neck and leaned my head to his shoulder.

"Your body is so hot.. how can you go to school like this?" He said to me in an angry tone. Chase's phone rang and I pressed his bluetooth earpiece to help him answer the phone.

"Hey dad.. I'm picking Athena up." Oh no.. not dad too.

"Yeah, she's sick. I'm taking her to the hospital, I already asked Caleb to replace it for me." Now I heard my dad is lecturing.

"Okay." He ended the call.

"What?" I asked as he brought me out from the school.

"Mom is on her way to the hospital." He said as he put me inside the car. He got in and told the chauffer to drive to the hospital.

"I'm fine.. just take me home." I said and Chase gave me his suit to warm me up.

"No.. you have a high fever and dad will kill me if I bring you home." Chase said and I sighed.

"You forgot my bag.." I said.

"Hendrik, tell Paul to get Athena's bag." He told his secretary and I closed my eyes.

"I'm freezing.. could you turn off the AC?" I asked and he turned off the AC right away.

"We're here.. oh and there's mom." Chase said and he picked me up again. He brought me out from the car.

"Athena.. are you okay?" I heard my mom's voice.

"I'm okay mom."

"She's not okay.. she has a high fever." Chase said and I sighed big time. Chase put me on the emergency bed and the nurse brought me inside. The doctor checked on me right away.

"Hello Athena." Stella Cesborn smiled at me and I just smiled a little because I really don't feel well. She put the IV on me and then gave me a couple of medicine.

"You need to go, your dad is coming here so you need to replace him." My mom said to Chase and Chase nodded. He patted my head and I gestured him to go.

"Mom.. how about Xander?" I asked and my mom raised her eyebrows.

"Xander?"

"He's sick too." I said.

"Eva brought him home and called a private doctor already." I turned to my dad. I pouted right away seeing him a little angry at me.

"So mind explaining why are you worrying about Redent?"

"He's sick, dad."

"Matthew, your daughter is sick and I can't believe you asking her something out of context while she's sick." My mom hissed coldly at my dad. He turned to her disbelief.

"If you're coming here just to lecture her, then go back to work!"

"Thanks mom." I said and my dad sighed.

"You okay?"

"Wow.. thanks dad for worrying." I said sarcasticly.

"Athena, your dad literally rush coming here to see you." What's wrong with mom? I think she has her period.

"I'm okay." I said in a flat tone.

"Why did you go to school anyway? Did Isaac drag you?" My dad asked and I shook my head.

"I have quiz."

"You can do that next time, look at you!" He raised his tone taking a lot of people's attention.

"Matthew!" My mom warned and my dad sighed. I closed my eyes and I'm slowly drifting so sleep because of the medicine that I ate earlier.

I wonder how is Xander doing now?