Chapter 19 - Need To Lose

Athena Lemiere

As soon as I arrived in London, the royal guards picked me up at the airport. I got into the car and they drove me to the palace right away. I took a really deep breath and realize that it's getting real and close. We will get married in 2 months and I finished listing the invitation yesterday.

The question is.. am I ready?

"Ms. Lemiere, you will have a lunch with the queen at 1 and then you will have a small meeting about the wedding at 3." The royal secretary said.

"Okay."

"You will have a free time after the meeting is finish." She said and I smiled nodding to her.

"Thankyou." I said and she smiled. I took out my phone from my bag and messaged Jacob that I'm already here in London. I closed my eyes and put earphones into my ears trying to relax myself so I won't be freaking out later on.

As soon as I arrived at the palace, I went to have lunch with the queen and talked a lot of things. The queen a.k.a Jacob's mom is really sweet and down to earth person. She told me about her love story with the King and it was amazing. Not long after that I went to a meeting for the wedding. The rules and all the little details that I need to know about.

Jacob is actually busy with paper works so maybe he will see me tonight or maybe tomorrow. After 3 and a half hours of meetings, I have a free time. I took my guards instead of the royal guards to go to the London's eye.

I love that place so much because it shows how beautiful London is at night.

I got on the ferris wheel and rode it once. I still can't describe how beautiful and peaceful London is. I sighed when my brains started to think about Xander. He used to live here and he loves being here than being in America.

I got off from the ferris wheel and walked out from the London eye's place. I think I have an eye problem because I started to see things. I rubbed my eyes and looked around and then turned back to what I saw earlier to confirm. I was speechless and I found myself walking backwards. My guards were so ready to attack him but he slowly walked to me.

"Athena.. I- I just wanna talk to you." Xander said as he put his hands up and looked at the guns in horror.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"This is my hometown." He said and I know that but out of London, why would he come here?

"We're going then." I said and started to walk but he stopped me causing all my guards to put their guns right in front of his face.

"Athena, I just want to talk!" He started to freak out.

"There's nothing to talk about so.. enjoy the ferris wheel." I said coldly.

"Please.. I want to talk. I just want to apologize." I didn't expect that. I gestured my guards to put the gun down and I looked around the London eye area a little worried but all the surroundings already secure by my guards.

"Bring the car in and leave us alone." I said and they brought the car towards the entrance. I gestured them to leave us and just guard us around the car. I got inside and so was Xander.

"Talk.. I don't have much time. I will have dinner with Jacob." I said looking straight instead of facing him.

"I just want to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what happened 7 years ago and I'm sorry for what I said at the Business gathering. I'm sorry for everything, Athena. I really do." He said and I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"Sorry? Do you even know what you're sorry for?" I asked coldly and I bet my tone can kill someone if I want to.

"You saw me with another girl, didn't you?" That made me turn to him and raised my eyebrows.

"Are you done? I'm busy!" I hissed at him and he nodded knowing the answer.

"At that time, I didn't know what's my real feelings for you. I was still young and free." He started to explain with a little bit of hint of nervousness in his face. I opened the door to get out from the car but he caught my wrist.

"Athena please.. I think I will regret if I don't do this." He said and I closed the door again after a lot of thinking. I crossed my arms in front of my chest again.

"My parents were so busy since I was a kid and even though I have a big sister, it doesn't mean I'm not lonely. I gree up knowing that I'm rich and I'm capable to do anything makes me love having women around. I was lonely and to have someone else company me, it's making me less lonely." I can't believe it.

"I heard the fact that my dad wants me to be with you or Eva with Chase. At first, I thought why would I be with you when you're only a friend but seeing you after a long time.. really got me. You turned into a really beautiful girl and everyone wants to be with you."

"I thought why not try to, so I got into a lot of classes with you. I know you're not easy to begin and it was hard for me to think of a plan. As I think so hard for a plan, you came to me so easily. I mean it's not like you're giving it to me but the road to get you was smooth."

"I don't want to hear your bullshit, Xander. I don't have time and I have my fianc-"

"Knowing you was incredible, talking with you was more than fun, spending time with you was one of the most happiest day of my life. You made me forget my loneliness and you made me the moment of my life." He cut me as he continued in a fast speed.

"Ever since then.. I can't stop thinking about you. You're the only one who can give me those thrilling and crazy feeling. You're the only one who can make me comfortable without even trying. You can make me forget about my loneliness and you're the one that I really want." I gulped when I heard the last sentence. I looked out through the window and I choked.

"Are you done?"

"Please don't marry Jacob, he's not the one for you." That got me very angry. I snapped my head to him and switched myself into an angry mode.

"And you are? What kind of bullshit is that, Xander?! I will still pick Jacob over you because you're an asshole. Jacob never hurt me, he always makes me happy, he always knows how to respect me and how to make me feel loved. Are you expecting me to cancel the engagement? That's never gonna happen, Redent. I love Jacob and I will never leave him!" I bursted at him angrily and he didn't say anything.

"Sometimes.. you need to lose someone to know how important that person is." I added and then I got out from the car.