Chapter 21 - Fast

Athena Lemiere

"You crossed the line." I said to Xander coldly.

"I have to."

"Who do you think you are? I love Jacob and you want to ruin my life?!" I bursted angrily.

"You don't love Jacob." That made me turn to him, he was looking outside the window.

"You really crossed the line, Xander. Stop being a jerk and get out from my life and Jacob's!" I hissed.

"If you really love him, why didn't you tell him that you're a mechanic and how you love cars? Aren't you suppose to be yourself in front of someone that you love?" That got me. It was like he's stabbing ne with a knife right into my heart. That got me speechless too and I can't even think of an answer for it.

"Marrying someone is a once in a lifetime thing, Athena. Are you sure that you'll be happy with Jacob? You'll be stuck in this palace and you can't even go outside to be like everyone else." He said and I turned silent.

"It's my decision and it means I'm ready to take all the risk." I said.

"No, you're not. I bet you're thinking about it a thousand times but you can't even cancel the wedding because you're thinking about Jacob's feelings." That made me so mad.

"What do you even know, Xander? You don't know anything! So stop butting into other people's business!" I bursted and he looked at me nodding.

"I can give you the world, Athena. I can give you everything.. be with me." He said and I scoffed.

"I never ask someone to give the world to me. All I want is their heart.." I said in small tone and it reminds me when Jacob proposed me. I choked and tears started to come out from my eyes.

"You deserve better, Athena. I know I might not be qualify for it but I want to work it. 7 years ago.. was our starting point and I'm sorry that it took 7 years to come to you again." He said in a really genuine and soft tone. I gulped trying to prevent my tears to come out.

"In the end of the day.. all you will do is hurt me." I said because that's the truth. I will get tired because of his playboy life.

"I know I can't promise that I won't hurt you but I will try my best."

"I don't want that and I will still marry Jacob. He's making me happy and I will never trade it for anything." I said seriously.

"Is that what you really want?" He asked in a serious tone and genuine tone.

"Yes."

"Then I will back off." He said and that made me turn to him. He was already looking at me.

"Good.. because you have to do that." I said and he smiled making me turning my face away.

"But I want you think.. about what you really want, Athena." He said and I just stay silent.

"Hey.." He suddenly grabbed my hand making me face him. I kept looking away and sighed.

"Go, Xander." I said as I took my hand away from him.

"Okay, I will go." He said and he walked away leaving me alone. I sighed and still I will never cancel this wedding. I know that Jacob will make me happy.

I spent the whole evening alone because Jacob was busy with a couple of things. I kept myself entertain by reading books and listening to a lot of music. I texted Jacob a couple of times to have dinner together but he doesn't answer it. I think needs time alone so I don't call him or send him another text.

I laid on my bed and looked up to the ceiling. Am I really happy? Is being with Jacob will make me happy? Ugh! Why is life so complicated?

I decided to jump into the shower so I can sleep because I'm so exhausted today. I got up and took a quick shower. I put my PJs on after that and then go to sleep.

I woke up with someone knocking on my door. I got up and opened the door. I smiled when I see Jacob and I automaticly jumped to him circling my legs around his hips.

"Morning my angel." He said as he gave a peck on my lips.

"Where were you?" I asked.

"A lot of work and I see that you just got up." He said and I nodded. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Let me get ready and let's have breakfast together." I said as he put me down.

"Okay.. I'll wait you at the living room." Jacob said and I nodded. I quickly jumped into the shower again and this time I washed my hair. I got out quickly and dried it. I styled it a little bit and then I just put a small ampunt of make up because I don't want Jacob to wait that long.

"I want to push the date of the wedding." I heard Jacob said and that made my eyes widen.

"Why?"

"I just.. I just want to push the wedding date. I think we're moving too fast." Actually no.. We're not moving too fast. We took a lot of time already. Oh Jacob, please just marry me already so I don't have to think twice to get out from this wedding.

"Why the sudden change? I thought you love her and you can't wait to marry her. Aren't you suppose to make it faster instead of pushing it?" His mom asked.

"I do.. I do want it fa-"

"Then let's do it faster." I walked out from where I've been hiding and they both turned to me.

"Your Highness." I bowed a little in front of the queen.

"Athena.. I-"

"Let's make it faster then, how about in 3 weeks?" I asked Jacob as I slipped my arm around his.

"Are you okay with that?"

"Yeah, I mean all the invitations are set. All we need to do is to change the date." I smiled and I turned to the queen. She nodded and looked at Jacob.

"Okay then." Jacob said and I kissed his cheek.