Chapter 34 - Sister in Law

Xander Redent

Because Athena has a lot of work waiting, she went back to New York first and I decided to stay in London for a couple of days more. Guess what? I met Christine Correl accidently. We both actually know each other for business deals so.. I greeted her.

"Long time no see, Correl." I said as I hugged her briefly.

"It's been a year, Redent." She said as she patted my back. I chuckled nodding.

"So.. with Camery huh?"

"With Lemiere huh?" She asked back and I looked at her teasing.

"I ask it first, Correl." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"I mean.. I have to get him or else I will die with a broken heart." She said dramaticly and that what makes her attractive actually. She's straight foward and she will get what she wants no matter how crazy it is.

"So you're the one who go for him?"

"I liked him first and go crazy for him of course but he loved your girl. I mean the word 'give up' is never on my dictionary so.. I kept making him crazy." She smirked with those evil eyes.

"Congratulations.."

"You too." She said and I nodded.

"Redent." I turned to see Jacob walking towards me. He put his arm around Christine and looked at me suspiciously.

"I like this picture." I said gesturing to them both.

"Shouldn't you be kneeling in front of me to say thankyou?" Jacob asked in a cold tone.

"Thankyou, your Highness." I bowed a little bit.

"Thankyou to you too, Redent. Glad that you go after Athena because if they're still going for the marriage.. I will kidnap Athena and give it to you. I already planned it by the way." She whispered the last sentence making me laugh.

"You're still crazy." I said.

"How can you two be so evil?" Jacob asked disbelief.

"I was born to be evil, baby." Christine said confidently and Jacob shook his head leaving her.

"He loves me.. and I'm so happy for you, Redent. Talk to you next time." Christine said as she patted my arm and I nodded. She walked away following Jacob. I chuckled seeing them two.

I walked into the ballroom and mingled with other businessmen and businesswomen. There's Lemiere too but not Matthew Lemiere and his family but Dylan Lemiere and his family. There's even Cesantio and Hastington around.

"What's with the face?" My dad asked as I sat down beside him.

"Nothing."

"Tired being here? Want to go to New York?" He asked still in a cold tone.

"Yeah." I answered honestly.

"Can you find another woman? Why it has to be the Lemiere?" He asked still not approving.

"I love her, dad, and besides.. you can't force me to love other girls."

"I know that but still.." He sighed.

"I'm really serious with Athena, dad. I really love her and I'm planning to take her to the next step."

"Already? Listen.. a girl lik-"

"You were the one who wanted me with her in the first place and now you hate the idea of it."

"That was 7 years ago." My dad said as he took the glass of water.

"Sorry dad but I can't be with someone else, I love Athena so much to let her go." I said.

"I know, you kneeled in front of Matthew which is crazy and out of your mind." He said completely still hate me for it.

"Dad, later on.. when Eva meets someone, you want that man to be genuinely loves her right? That's how I show Matthew Lemiere how I'm really serious and really genuine about Athena."

"I guess.. if that's what makes you happy, I can't hold you back anymore." I smiled hearing him say that.

"Thanks dad.. so can I go now?"

"No!" He hissed glaring at me and I rolled my eyes. We both continued to mingle with people and make friends to spread our wings more in the business world.

After that, I got back to my house and just wanted to chill. I threw myself to my bed and called Athena.

"Hello." It's so nice to hear her voice.

"What are you doing babe?"

"Going to dinner with my girls, you already done?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm bored."

"It's fun here in New York, wish you were here." She said with a little bit hint of sarcasm and evil in her tone. I mean I know she's just teasing me, I trust her so her cheating with other man doesn't even cross my mind.

"Hey Redent, look who's crazy in love now?" I can tell by the voice, it's Serena.

"I'm not denying, Cesantio."

"Too bad you're in London, we're going to the club."

"Uh.. have fun?" I said and Serena hissed.

"He doesn't even get jealous, break up with him." Serena said to Athena and she chuckled.

"Oh right.. you two haven't make it official right?" Oh boy.

"Serena, stop teasing him."

"I mean.. you can hangout with other guys." Serena Cesantio is pure evil. People said that she's a clone of Maximillion Cesantio himself. She's a playgirl. She hangs out with a lot of boys, make out with them.. sleep with them and then throw them away the next day. She made her parents go crazy, not only her parents but her whole family. No ones ever tamed her yet.

"She's joking, ignore her." Athena said and Serena hissed.

"Maybe I will go back to New York tomorrow or in two days. It depends on the deal here. Do you want me to get something for you here?" I asked Athena.

"Bring the London eye to New York and turn it into New York eye." Oh gosh Serena, I swear the guy who got you will have a big headache.

"Athena, you should get her a boyfriend." I suggested.

"Uh.. having a boyfriend is not fun. I hate protective and possessive guys, they're disgusting." That's Serena for you everyone.

"Don't worry, I know what's wrong with this girl." Athena said.

"Is she high? Did she eat weed this morning?"

"I am!" Serena bursted and I laughed.

"Don't worry her prince charming will come soon." Athena said in a teasing tone.

"Who?" I asked completely clueless.

"Don't make me kick you out from my car, Athena."

"How can you do that to your future sister in law?" What! My eyes widen when I heard that.

"Isaac? Caleb? Chase?" I asked right away.

"Sister in law, my ass. Marriage will be the last thing that I want in this world, Lemiere." Serena said coldly. Burn!!

"Oh come on, I want to be your sister-in-law. Isn't that cute?"

"Oh that's it! Get out from my car!" Athena laughed. 

"Babe, I'll talk to you later. Serena is pushing me out from the car." She ended the call and I chuckled. I put my phone back and can't help but wait to get back to New York.