Chapter 10

(Nariah's POV)

   I'm laying here in shock after the doctor told me what Rio said when he called and told him that I was awake. That bastard said he was going to come see me in a couple of hours...A COUPLE OF FUCKING HOURS what the hell do I look like to him a random skank off the fucking street. Just wait till I see him I'm cussing his  ass out and I'm so serious. You know what? I'm not gonna even wild out on him. I've just never felt so hurt in my life, my own husband was saying that something else that he was doing was more important than his wife waking up.

A Couple of Hours Later

   In comes Rio through the door with flowers wearing a smile. He really about to come in here like shit sweet.

"So where the hell were you?" I asked him crossing my arms.

"I had some business to take care of bambina." 

   He walked over to my side of the bed. He leaned down and tried to give me a kiss but I turned my head so he would catch my cheek instead of my lips. I could hear him smack his lips and sit the flowers on the nightstand next to the hospital bed.

"You really about to be petty right now Riah?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Ain't nobody being petty Rio, it's just common sense that if your wife is in the hospital and wakes up then I should a main priority other than the kids," I exclaimed throwing my hands up. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Listen I'm sorry okay, something had came up with the business so I was hurrying up to handle it so I could get back here to see you." He threw up his hands.

"You can go fuck yourself for all I care Valerio." I turn the TV on. " Bring me my kids." 

"But ba--" He started but I cut him off.

"I don't have anything to say to you just bring me my fucking kids Valerio." I told him in a stern voice.

   He then turns around and leaves the room. A part of me want to cry because I feel like his job is more important than his own family which shouldn't be the case. As I sat their waiting to see my babies I start to think about the life we would've have if I would've never had gotten back with Rio. Not like he would give me a choice. 

   I know that deep down he loves his family but he is so caught up in his business that he doesn't know when it's time to leave it alone and come home to his family. In the middle of my thoughts the doctor knocks and walks in.

"Hello Mrs. De Rege how are you feeling so far?" He ask coming over to check my breathing.

"In a little bit of pain but nothing I didn't expect." I shrugged and started back watching TV.

"Well since your in a little bit of pain I will have the nurse come in with your pain medication. It's almost time for you to take them anyway," He says starting to check my blood pressure. "You seem to be doing fine, after I run some more test you will be out of here by tomorrow morning." 

"Thanks doc." 

"No problem, I'll go tell your nurse to bring in your medication." He smiles leaving the room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"MOMMY!!!" Was all I heard when the door opened and in came my babies waving their little arms. The smile that grew across my face was so big that I don't think that anything could wipe it off my face. Then there came Rio walking through the door right behind them. My smile dropped so fast.

"Mhm." I rolled my eyes and looked back at my children and began to smile and laugh.

"Listen Riah I know what I did wa-" I cut him off before he could finish.

"Fucked up? Selfish? Yeah I know you ain't got to tell me the obvious and with all honesty I don't really care what you have to say about the situation either." I give him my full attention. Soon the door opens and in walks Max

"Hey sis how are you feeling?" He smiles walking over to the bed to give me a hug.

"Like I've been stabbed both physically...and emotionally." I looked at Rio when I said emotionally and saw him look down at his feet.

"Don't hold it against him for too long sis, he knows how fucked up he was for what he did."

   I just shook my head and started focusing back on my kids. A part of me knew that Rio was out trying to get revenge on whoever hurt me but him not being here when I woke up hurt me the most. I would never do that to him if he was in the position I was in. 

"Well I figured that you would need some rest since you just woke up so I'm going to take the kids back to my place.  We'll see you guys later." He grabs the kids and their belongings.

"Bye my babies mommy loves you all."

"Bye mommy love you!" They yelled walking out of the door. Even though I was in the hospital with a wound, I was happy my children were safe and away from harm. I look to my right and see Rio still standing in the room which had me honestly confused cause I swear I didn't tell this bitch he could stay.

"Don't you think you should be leaving along with them?" I asked crossing my arms.

"No I'm actually staying here with you for the night." He sat down in the chair beside the bed.

"................I just want you to know that you got me all kinds of fucked up." I raised my eyebrow up at him. "Get the fuck out of my room Rio."

   I could tell that he was starting to get annoyed with me but that was the last thing that I was worried about. We sat in silence for what seemed to be forever until he nodded his head, stood up and started to walk towards the door. I sighed in relief because I thought he would never leave.

   Soon as I let out that breath of air I sucked it right back in when I noticed that he walked to the door not to leave out of it but to close and lock the door. After he locked the door he slowly turned around and looked at me with this evil smirk on his face. I don't know which had me more worried, the fact that he had this look on his face or the fact that I'm feeling some type of way from the look on his face. When Rio noticed the look on my face he busted out into a full blown smile. I knew exactly what that meant.

"RIO NO!"

~ Thank you guys for sticking with me and being patient with me. I actually have been having a little more time to write chapters and more stories since I'm about to go on break from school. So I hope you all are still loving the book and keep the likes and comments up. <3  ~