Mr. Dog Sir

Noah and Luna did eventually end up going to the movies, which was a relief to all of us.

I would say that it was mostly for Noah, but it was an even better for Luna's health, since Fay did almost kill her when she heard that her sister rejected her mate. Luna ended up 'accepting' Noah and everything went well after that, for them.

For us it's a never-ending torture session of them being all lovey and us nearly puking.

Asher makes me come to the clearing every day after school, which I didn't mind so much, but he can be super gushy and compliment me and all that nasty jazz, which I normally avoid by making a remark about him being a dog.

Today hasn't been as easy. See, he recently explained this thing called 'marking,' and to me it sounded like something an overly-protective boyfriend would do. Basically, Asher BITES MY NECK, and then I'm his, FOREVER, almost. He won't clue me in on the rest of the 'mating process,' but I have my ideas.

I'm seated in the clearing currently, Asher to the right of me, Henry and Fay behind me kissing or talking about whatever it is that they talk about in between kissing. Luna and Noah are off on some date-- indoor ice skating, I think it was-- and Dallas doesn't enjoy the whole werewolf concept. I can't blame her, she's always been more of a cat person.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Fido here scoot closer to me slightly, and I narrow my eyes as he lifts his index finger to my neck. He begins tracing odd patterns, and I squirm at the feeling.

"I know a guy that could get me silver bullets," I warn as I watch his eyes darken a shade. He explained to me before that that was his wolf, which I have yet to see or meet.

Asher chuckles at my remark, but his eyes don't lighten, and the patterns don't stop. I sigh as I pull my phone out, tapping on Angry Birds and beginning my quest against the evil pigs.

"Liddy! We're gonna head out, it's getting late and my mom is freaking over where I am," Fay sighs. I look over my shoulder, but jump in surprise as I see Asher's face a lot closer than it was before. I look over my other shoulder.

"Just tell her you're with that one," I nod at Henry, "she loves him."

Fay sighs. "I've already tried that, she says it's too late anyway."

"Well, is she freaking over where Luna is?"

"Have you met my sister? She's never been home on time a day in her life," Fay rolled her eyes, and I shrugged, then turned back around to Asher.

"I'm gonna go home," I tell him, and start standing up. He scrambles to his feet and hugs me, but I'm never prepared for this, so he ends up pinning my arms at my sides. He buries his face in my neck, breathing deeply.

"Alrighty, Mr. Bloodhound, I think you've got the scent, you can let go now." He nods, but makes no sign of moving. I take a small step back, and he straightens up.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He asks, but it sounds more like a statement. I nod and wave a little, then head towards home.

------------

I walk slowly out of school, weaving around trees and shrubbery to reach the clearing, Fay, Henry, and Dallas in tow. Noah had someone from the pack go and pick up Luna. They're going to some fancy dinner or something. Ugh.

I insisted on bringing as many people as I could with me, because I'm pretty sure Asher is trying to mark me. Well, NOT TODAY, MR. DOG SIR.

When we do finally reach the clearing, however, there's no Asher. There are growls, barks, and the occasional scream, however. Fay and I share a glance, then she books it in the other direction.