Chapter 1: Forks and Sporks

Bella Swan - Age: 17 (Looks more like her Mom)

James - Age: 17 (Looks more like his Dad)

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

In the state of Washington, in a small town called Forks, population: 1,320 people. This is where I'm moving.

Bella and James Swan were not always the best of kids. In fact they were pretty bad with almost everyone, Bella preferred to be alone, whist James was fraught with a long record of unfortunate events. From his only friend dying, to loosing his first boyfriend to a drunk driver, James is almost always avoided because of his aura of unfortunate events.

Thus with a heavy heart, their mother shipped them off to their dad Charlie, who lived in a lonely small town named Forks, deep in a forest away from the world. Both teenagers were very unliking to the idea but both agreed that staying in the City would only cause everything to get worse for them. Now... our story begins with Bella awkwardly trying to explain to her father that her brother is in fact... Gay.

Bella

"So, your trying to tell me that he hasn't had a girlfriend in years? That's a bit odd... He seemed like the type of guy to have ladies falling over him..." Charlie muttered while James was passed out in the backseat, Bella riding shotgun. She bit her lip trying to find a way to break it to her dad, but it wasn't so easy... her mom should have told him by now but you don't blame her for not doing so.

Ever since the divorce the two have barely spoken... her dad disappeared off the face of the earth, only for her mother to surprise the both of them with tickets to a plane, on the exit they were greeted by none other then her dad. It had been years at least... he looked tired and almost like a old guy... it must have been hard to adjust. Going from a visit every summer to just... gone

"I'm just saying that he doesn't necessarily care for girls." she muttered half heartily hoping Charlie would catch her drift. "So he's got his head in the right spot. Life before Love. I wish I could have had that mindset, but I wouldn't have you two... my life's work all rolled up into a masterpiece..." Charlie said proudly as he pulled into his driveway. Bella tried to say something else but stopped when she saw the familiar face of a certain Black standing in the driveway, his grandfather beside him, next to a old truck that looked like a bear up classic. "JACOB!"

JAMES

It was most definitely the yelling that woke him up. His sister did always have a hard time controlling herself around HIM. He wasn't one to talk but even still... Jacob Black is a name he'd love to spare from their family history books. He mildly annoyingly got out of the car, his dad gave him a hug and he grabbed all his stuff and Bella's before brushing by Jacob without even saying hello, Bella made some half assed "he's just tired" excuse to him and Jacob didn't seem to bothered by it. Billy however kept a careful eye on him.

James wanders inside before trying to find the upstairs bedroom to place Bella's stuff down. He'd be taking the bedroom beside Charlie, and Bella the attic. He just gave a mild attempt to cheer himself up, by putting his earbuds in and pressing random. The sound of Carrie Underwood soothed his anger, he put Bella's belongings on her purple bed and quickly moved downstairs, trying to find where HIS bedroom would be. He accidentally wandered into Charlie's and quickly backed out, going to the door to the left of his dads. He opened up the door and smiled lightly, his dad had taken the liberty of putting some board games and even a copy of Edgar Allen Poe on his bed. He'd made a note to thank his dad later in kind for actually bothering.

His bedroom was fairly wide, with 2 windows and even a bookshelf full of literature and old poems his dad use to read to him as a kid. Unlike Bella, he wasn't able to visit his dad as often as her, due to his mother's... severe dislike to Jacob Black and the accident that led to Bella and him nearly dying. His only possession that he'd bothered to keep was a gift from Jacob, years ago. When he first came out, it was to Jacob, who had his father and friends weave a rainbow silk cover onto a extra key to their home. A sign that no matter what, he'd always be welcome there. The rest of his belongings were clothes and old photo's. Mostly clothes. He didn't have many fond memories but he did have one photo he loved more then any pair of ripped jeans. A photograph of his first serious relationship. A guy that he felt a heavy weight just thinking of. He won't dwell on it, unless he wanted to start crying. Imagine having to explain THAT to Charlie. Hopefully Bella did him a solid and explained this whole thing to Charlie. Speaking of Charlie, his dad was calling him from the Kitchen, announcing that Dinner was ready and that Bella was waiting on him. He put the key back under his shirt and wiped away a small tear in his eye, before heading back out the door, and starting his first dinner in this Fork of a town.