Chapter 8: A Friendly Game Of Chase

James

As Alice tore through the woods, he could see the lights of the town in the distance and Edward still held him in his arms despite the headache being gone. "For your safety." He muttered when James asked him. He didn't really mind, he was already feeling sleepy... then it hit him, the exhaustion and sleep very quickly overtook him.

He felt a hand in his, the smell of flowers surrounded him and daylight peeled in through his eyes, he opened them and saw himself laying in a meadow. Dandelions, Roses, Sunflowers... and Edward. Laying right beside him, his hand over James's and a smile on his face. He said something but he couldn't quiet figure it out, no words came out. He tried to move but found himself frozen, a confused look on Edward's face as he got up and tried to speak again. The edges of his vision turned red and started to spread and Edward backed up, pulling out a phone and then he could see nothing but the red.

CRIMSON RED BLOOD

Edward shook him awake and he quickly gasped for air, Jasper looked mildly concerned and Edward placed a hand on his shoulder, he looked like he was thinking and then looked puzzled. He looked around and found them at their old house... Charlie's house. Bella was already unlocking the door and Alice was beside her, the two chatting. Jasper quickly got out of the bed of the truck and opened the door for James, he felt no strength in his body and Edward had to hold him up and carry him bridal style. Jasper seemed to be looking around the truck and found a box, pulling it out and carrying it in with them.

1 hour later

The group sat at what was the dinner table. That was until something smashed it into pieces. "Ok. So here's the plan. Bella and James, you'll continue going to school as usual, but both of you will be accompanied by at least one of us. Alice will stay with you Bella, Jasper and Emmett will take you both separately back to your own place. James, I'll be accompanying you from now on. We don't want any... accidents or anyone hurt until we fix this. From now on your going to be under lock and key until we find Charlie. We believe someone is hunting your brother Bella. And for your safety we've made a plan with the Blacks. Bella you will stay with them everyday and they will drop you off at school. We're to take you back and repeat the process." Edward stated as if he memorized it, Bella had a weird look. "Why not call the police? If someone really does intend to hurt him then why not have them protect him?" She asked and sat up. Jasper bit his lip and answered her question.

"Bella. The police department consists of 30 people. And I promise you if we put James in their care, every single person will be dead before morning. We don't know why they want him so badly but we can't just give him up like that. Hell if Edward can barely contain himself around James what makes you think any of them can?" Jasper said and stood up. Bella did the same with a annoyed smirk. "And furthermore what is this about him being sick? He looks fine to me. And what about Edward not being able to "control" himself around my brother?" She said with a rather dark glare at Edward, who just looked away as he sat beside James. Alice quickly took the stand and took Bella's hand. "Bella I'm going to show you something. You will see the world through my eyes... and then you'll understand..." she muttered and closed her eyes, Jasper seemed antsy about this and Edward tightened his grip on the railing significantly. Bella looked rather annoyed and in disbelief, then in a instant her eyes were a million miles away. Then as if nothing happened, Bella looked over at Edward and simply glared at him. Then went back and sat down, James didn't want to push it so he stood up and clapped his hands together. "Well, it's um... been a long and very strange day. But I have school tomorrow so I'm gonna head up and crash in my room. And if any of you try to come in, you'll be dunked in water." He said before walking back up the stairs, only stopping when he saw the blood stained carpet and his remembrance and fear of that night came flooding back. Alice was suddenly by his side and helped him up the stairs gently. It's weird how she treats him so carefully. Like any action might break him if he's not careful. He quickly thanked her and slipped into his spare set of pajama pants and smiled, driving the memories out as he laid down and fell into his best nights sleep in days...

ALĮCĘ

"Bella had to know, she would've alerted him and caused this whole situation to explode." She said to Edward outside, the two furiously encircled each other, eyes like fire as they argued. "You told her everything about us?! Do you know how dangerous that could be!" Edward said hitting a tree and breaking it in half easily. Luckily Charlie's house wasn't close to any other of the residents so they could break anything without alerting anyone. Alice facepalmed and rolled her eyes. "No. I didn't tell her anything. I made up some stupid fabricated lie. In her eyes, the Coven is nothing more then a mafia family of sorts. James and the rest? Simply a rival family looking to control the town. She knows nothing Edward, so get off your high horse and give your sister credit for once." Alice said through gritted teeth and they both stopped when they smelled a faint scent of Victoria's perfume... Edward nodded at her and retrieved the luggage Jasper brought in. Inside contained a piece of the... Wolves scent. The oder was very repugnant and Alice covered her nose, Edward threw it out into the woods 10 feet in front of them to make Victoria believe that the Tribe were in the area. She maybe a bit unhinged but she's not stupid, even she wouldn't encourage the Wolves wraith. They were both satisfied when the scent quickly vanished and Alice went back inside with Edward, he would go watch and protect James while he slept. She didn't want to try to play it off as innocence. She already knew of his curiosity. A human that could deflect Edward's powers... very rare indeed. Not to mention the dreams, that intrigued Alice. Her own were barely even comprehensive, flashes and images in fast detail of everything that would happen. Only her perfect sight could gather such great detail from pure chaotic visions. They'd need to have a excuse for their... absence from school. Call it a family reunion... perfect. No one could question or debunk it. It's the perfect lie

Just Like James's Rejection of Vampirism. Perfect In Every Way.