Chapter 13: Dinner with Hostility

(Authors Note: Doesn't Bella look like she just wants to pimp smack Edward in this picture? XD)

As soon as the door was opened, the smell of warm delicious food hit his nostrils and he stepped back into his home, Bella and Jasper sat conversing on the couch and Edward was nowhere to be seen, Emmett on the other hand... stood right in front of James with a dark grin. Emmett took James's hand and placed a kiss on his knuckle, this caused a heat to rise across James's face and Emmett's evil grin only grew.

"Your the one that has Edward so strongly infatuated huh? We've meet before, only briefly but, we haven't spoken before. I'm the oldest brother Emmett, don't tell Rosalie or she might impale you but, you are one hell of a looker. Now... where is my hug?"

James was left a bit stunned by this sudden show of attention and he heard Edward growl from somewhere in the kitchen and Emmett seemed only the more happy, James decided to take Emmett up on a hug and opened his arms. The result was a very warm hug, filled with way too much strength and a bit too much hands... After what seemed like 3 minutes, Emmett let go and stared at James with happy eyes like a polar bear.

"Between you and me, we are all rooting for you."

Emmett muttered and winked, before walking off to join Alice who was finishing the final touches on her dish. James was left even more stunned with a blushing mess of a face and Bella waved him over, he walked over and sat on the couch, Jasper had a small smile and Bella immediately dived into sentence.

"Ok, so remember how I said to go-"

He started to turn her out, this was gonna be a long one... He wondered about the book... Maybe he should wait until later. Bella would be upset if he learned anything without her being there. He kept going over the thoughts of Jacob and Edward...

He had very clear defined feelings for Edward, and he believes that Edward feels the same. The tall dirty blonde with almost Golden eyes left his skin feeling euphoric at a touch. His very existence and what he is being a mystery that he wants to unravel, There was 100% something inhuman about him and his family...

Then there is Jacob... a guy he wants to hate more then anything, the guy who nearly killed his sister and single handedly caused a series of events that led to him needing medication to deal with life in general. But... he once also had feelings for him. He remembers when he and Jacob use to sit by the rivers listening to music and enjoying the quiet... He would be lying if he said it wasn't tempting to drop everything and run over to the Reserve and forgive him. Jacob was a amazing friend, and if things had been different that summer... maybe he might have asked Charlie to....

Charlie...

The thought of his missing or possibly dead father pressed his medication to its limits, and no word could describe the torture he would carve into anyone who harms his father. Stupid romantic feelings, he'd need to set those aside! His father needs his help, and his sister needs to be protected...

Suddenly a finger snapped in his face and his attention was brought back to reality, Alice was holding a plate of delicious food out to him with a smile on her face that could warm the world, Jasper had disappeared and Bella and Emmett were munching on food.

"Stifle that sadness by stuffing it with food. It helps, believe me... when it comes to this family, value the downtime... You might not have much of it left..."

He smiled lightly and munched on a piece of potato and drifted away from the negative thought, Alice sat beside him and look at him with a piercing gaze... then the full brunt of her words hit him and he felt a rush of fear... she knew. It was all over her face right down to the grim smile on her face. She knew that he was beginning to think they might not be human... The sound of something dropping and shattering in the kitchen got everyone's attention as Edward stormed back into the room and glared daggers at Alice, his eyes were no longer golden, but a deep shade of dark red.

"YOU. ME. OUTSIDE. NOW!"

Even Emmett seemed shocked at the rage emitting from Edward as he almost chocked on the food and Alice quickly stood up, her smile faltered and she walked outside, holding the door open for Edward, then gave a very uncertain smile and closed the door. Emmett cleared his throat and gave a nervous smile. 

"So... Bella, how was today at school?"

"You would know if you had been there."

"We can't always be there Bella, I'm sorry but sometimes we have to stick to the background to guard you guys. The police can't just be everywhere with you, it will be a giant red flag to the kidnapper."

"Did you know Mother called earlier James... she asked about how you were doing. I told her that you were infatuated with... Edward. She sends her regards and wishes you well, I'll be leaving at the end of the week to go back. You can come back if you want but... I think we both know you want to be looking for Char... Dad..."

Bella coldly refused to acknowledge Emmett and he looked at James with a pleading puppy look. He was rather adorable... 

"Bella... do you think its safe to leave? I mean. I'd hate to have a missing sister and father."

"Sure you would."

James grit his teeth and was about to prepare a snap back at her, but outside it almost sounded like a tree had fallen followed by a scream, Emmett stood up and James stood as well.

"Great..."

Muttered Bella as James and Emmett rushed out the door to see what had happen.

The sight that awaited him was beyond anything he dreamed in a nightmare.

Edward was knocked out in the distance, a tree was snapped in half across the street, where he lay unconscious. The Blonde from the night at the Cullen's was holding Alice off the ground with his hands. Alice was fighting him desperately but to no avail, then just like she was paper, he snapped her neck and threw her a clear 50 feet into the distance, past the tree line. Emmett was shocked and he turned to James as the blonde turned his attention to them

"RUN, CALL CARLIS-"

The blonde had leapt across the street in almost a single second and had grabbed Emmett and was trying to choke him from his backside, Emmett slammed him hard into Bella's truck and knocked him off as the car was flipped on its side and Bella walked outside, covered her mouth in horror as time seem to slow, James saw a look that terrified him.

The creature posing as a human had turned its bloody red gaze directly at Bella. Its eyes zeroing in on her with cold lethal intent, it was after her... not them...

"𝘽𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙖 𝙎𝙬𝙖𝙣, I've been looking for you."