Chapter 7: Pedal To The Medal

James

"I'm sorry repeat that again? With the jokes aside."
"I'm not joking. I really wish I could be and I promise you I'll elaborate more but I need to-...."
Alice stopped and seemed to sniff, her eyes were a million miles away and she very quickly pulled the truck into reverse and took off back towards the Cullen household. James gripped the 'oh shit' bar and held on for dear life.

BELLA

"What the hell are you doing here?" Edward Cullen asked as a she quietly looked down. "I'm here to see my brother. I know he's still here." Bella said with confidence, although it quickly shattered by the look on Edward's face. He seemed to be thinking and closed the door and walked out into the cold night beside her. "Look I'm only going to say it once. Your brother is dangerous to be around right now. Carlisle is looking after him but if he knows your here... you need to go back to Jacobs Tribe now! And..." Edward stopped mid sentence and sniffed. His eyes were wide in disbelief and he quickly grabbed her arm. "Ok fine. Looks like your getting it your way. In the house now, but I'm going to tell Jacob about this." He muttered and shut the door as Bella walked in. The floors were cold, the air was frozen and the house looked like a mix of porcelain, ivory, and glass. Who knew the Cullen's were rich?

Edward led her into the living room and almost all the Cullen's were present. Except oddly Jasper and Alice. Bella finally got to see the mythical Esme, wife of Carlisle Cullen, and the tip of the Schools myths. Edward sat down beside Emmitt and all of the Cullen's looked at her. Carlisle stood up first to speak.
"I see your here for James. He is not here just yet. When he arrives you both will have to leave. Edward, Jasper, and Alice will accompany you. We are expecting... unwelcome Guests, and it would be infinitely safer if you were both not here." He announced and Jasper walked out of the kitchen door and walked over to Bella, holding out a hand for greeting. She smiled and shook his hand, introducing herself.
"Bella Swan, James's sister"
"Jasper. Edward's awkward brother, and Alice's husband."

James

"James stay in the car, if you hear ANYTHING, run inside and get Edward!" Alice said before running inside, her hair wild from the cold breeze that flowed through the woods, James tried to make sense of what she said to him. Vampirism? That had to be a joke. He's probably just sick. Hopefully, but to play with the notion... why would he be safe around the Cullen's if he WAS becoming a Vampire. That would either mean they've dealt with it or they are..... he stopped that thought right there. The Cullen's were weird sure, but bloodsucking soulless killing machines? The Cullen's had more soul then most of his old friends. Plus how would they hide it in school? Even if that were the case... how old would they have to be to be that flawless... Esme doesn't even look a day over 30, and Alice looks like a legit goth 18 year old.

A few minutes later he almost drifted off when he heard the thump of a tree falling deep into the forest. Then he got the hell out of the truck and ran inside. When he shut the door he came face to face with Bella. She took no rest period and immediately started poking at him and investigating. "Bella I'm fine, move I need to go grab Edward." He said and softly moved his sister to the side. She felt like a feather the push to the side. Stranger.... but he kept moving and Alice looked over at him, she was beside Edward and the two looked like they had been speaking. Alice nodded to Edward and they both began to walk towards the Twins, Jasper followed and the five of them walked out the door and quickly got into the truck, Alice at the wheel, Bella in the shotgun, Edward and James in the back, and Jasper riding in the bed of the truck. James received a splintering headache, nearly falling over on Edward as he held him upright on his shoulder and looked at Alice with a alarmed look. "DRIVE!" he nearly yelled as she slammed her foot to the gas pedal and they hauled ass out of the driveway and into the night.

EMMETT

"Are they gone yet..." Carlisle asked with a concerned voice. His adoptive father was very concerned when it came to matters outside the Olympus Pack. Even the Werewolves at LA Push gave the old man something to constantly be wary of. This however was not one of those times. "Yeah they're gone old man. James and Bella just crossed over into their territory." Emmett remarked and smiled knowing that James and Victoria had nothing to use against them brought a smile to his face. "Very well, remember to behave yourselves and don't give anything away. Edward and the rest have simply gone out hunting..." Esme said and Emmett doubted that they would REALLY believe that, but against the more powerful of the Cullen Family, they would stand no chance in a fight.

With a simple knock on the door, Rosalie opened it quietly and stepped to the side, welcoming James's Coven into the home. James, Victoria, and Laurent. The three vampires respectfully bowed to the Cullen's and Carlisle and Esme bowed back. Laurent was the more leader of the group despite James running the Coven, thus he stepped forward. "Excuse us for showing up out of nowhere but we figured it would be best to... snip the venom before it can spread. We know that a vampire newborn attacked a human in the town nearby and took off with the childs father. We know him because he was one of our more... recent Coven joining. Hmmm. Where is young Alice? I would very much enjoy comparing her visions to our findings..." Laurent asked and James looked rather angry, while Victoria eyed Emmett with mild hatred. "Alice, Jasper, and Edward have gone out to hunt food and retrieve a few things from the town. They will be back tomorrow. I am however curious about you Victoria. Her visions showed you... killing the human. You know our rules." Esme replied and Laurent seemed content with that answer. James didn't really care, and Victoria bit her tongue to stop a argument from springing. Laurent then looked at Victoria and raised a eyebrow.

"Well Victoria? Do you think you could see yourself breaking the rules of our... hosts? The Denali Coven thanks the Cullen's for allowing us to remain on their land until we get back on our feet." Laurent spoke and James cut him off mid sentence. "Cut the crap. We know that you took him in. We can smell his fucking BO literally everywhere. And I find it either odd or strange for two reasons.... either Edward is enjoying more then just a little kissing in the town right now. Or your trying to hide something." James rudely stated and Emmett flexed his muscles and leaned forward. "As I recall, your the Coven that attacked him and his family. You couldn't control your PET so it got loose and hurt someone. You are in no place to judge us James." Emmett stated and stood up. James stood up as well and the tension rose to 11 in the room as the two stared each other down. "Come on James... hit me. We all know your wife over there hits harder then you..." He muttered into James ear and Victoria and Laurent moved to restrain him instantly. The two threw him outside and Victoria waited outside as Laurent finished up. "I am sorry for his behavior. He lost a new member and Emmetts little comments dont help. I will send word if I find anything else out. You know I dont like starting anything with your family Carlisle." He said and put out his hand to shake before leaving as a sign of good will. Carlisle gladly shook it and nodded.

"That was close. You will not provoke him like that again Emmett. You maybe strong and you may have taken a shinning to James but I won't allow you to endanger anyone else." Carlisle said as he listened to the Denali Coven leaving. "James and James... Ironic isn't it? We'll need some kinda secret way to tell which ones which... James Swan. Yep there we go. Problem solved. Also did anyone else hear him mention that he thinks Edward and James could be out.... doing things." Emmett said jokingly as he leaned onto Rosalie, she smiled at him and softly kissed him. His wife was like heaven... "I doubt it. Jasper would never allow it. And god forbid Alice ever have to go through that..." she muttered and drank from the blood wine. Esme just smiled and looked over. "I find it curious that on the first day, according to Alice... James's blood nearly sent him overboard when he first smelled it. Now he's officially slept in Edward's room and is almost certainly going to be a new member of our Coven." And Emmett looked over with a confused look. "What are you hinting at Mom?"

"I believe that Edward has developed a certain type of liking to James. Maybe even romantically."