4: Introductions

3rd person

FlashBack

As the two agents and commander stood above the girl lying on the eye-patched man's bed. "You want an explanation, right?" he asked, both agents nodded their heads as he sighed, "I have to leave, about 1 year after she was born, due to me being involved in SHIELD, her mother didn't allow me to stay. I kept an eye on her though, no matter what. Sometimes I would bump into her or sometimes I would mess with people who made her cry..." he stumbled at the end, as he brushed the hair out of her eyes, seeing her riggle about in her bed. Nick whipped his head in her direction, he jumped up and tried to comfort her, to the shock of the agents. "Hey... Shhhhh, shhhhh," he calmly stated as he rocked her back and form as she cried into his shoulder. "Sir?" Hill asked with caution. She regretted it. Xaniety bolted up and held Hill, against the wall using a knife and snarled. Nick was still in shock as he watched Hill's emotions hesitantly swap from an emotionless face to a face of fear, "N...Nick?" she asked, fear wavering in her voice, Xaniety, let out a deep growl as her eyes flashed from Midnight blue to electric blue, "Who. Are. YOU?" She snapped out as the agents stiffened, "Xani. It's ok. They're with me," Nick struggled to say as he carefully stood, Xaniety whipped her head to see a terrified Nicky. She whined, dropping Hill. Brushing off any dusted she got on her, she bowed, "I'm sorry, I didn't know. I am used to living in a forest, with barely any people on it. Only monsters. I am protective over Nick because I know him from a young. I hope this doesn't change our future friendship," she said in an apologetic tone, shocking the two agents while Nick smirked.

"Nice going Xani. You got the two best agents shocked!"

End FlashBack

Coulson POV

/Location: St-Avenger's Tower, time: 5 minutes before they meet Xani/

I, Hill and some agents entered the elevator, on permission due to our badges, there was a meeting held here weekly. Today we were supposed to find Xani and her 'friend'. Tears started to make my eyesight blurry, I sighed and wiped them, "Coulson, are you ok?" Hill asked with a stiff voice, she also had tears in her eyes, I stared at her and shook my head, "It's the day she left us... She was with us for a month. I already thought of her as my niece... I'm sure it's the same for you. Maybe a younger sister," I struggled to get out. All the agents around us knew of this day but knew not of who we were talking about, I sighed as the elevator door opened, I first saw the Avengers looking into a corner with widened eyes, I sent agents to march out to see what it was as I heard a familiar growl. I flinched, "Xan?" I question quietly, Hill look at me confused as we rushed out, to see a midnight black wolf with whitened tips over the tail and paws, grey on the tips of its ears and electric blue eyes. 'Just like her...' I thought to myself, was this her? If so how? I stifled a cry as Hill broke me out of my thoughts, "Nick, come this way slowly," Hill commanded, as the wolf look at us, growling when it suddenly stopped and look at us with recognition. I knelt down slowly, and held my arm, "I said stand down!" Nick commanded, the agents hesitated as the wolf padded to me, and sniffed my hand, letting my stroke its ear, it purred? I shook my head, "Coulson, Hill meet my Wolf, Wolf meet-" the wolf turned to meet Nick's gaze, a slight flinch was added to it, the wolf went back to him, the wolf's muzzle moved as I saw Nick eyes widen, "Let me restart, Coulson and Hill meet Xani, Xani you know who they are," I stared at the wolf as it came to us and sat down, lifting a paw is slightly waved, as me and Hill stated at the same time, "Xani?" "Xan!"

Nick's POV

A smirk was plastered onto my face as I saw the shock stuck on the two agent's face, I knew they cried on the way up, I knew they'd meet soon. I sighed as I stood up, ordering two of the other agents with guns to watch the younger one. I turned my head to look at Xani, waving her paw in front of the frozen agents. I let a bark of laughter flood the room. If anyone wasn't frozen or shocked. They would now. The Avengers looked at me like I grew another head, the agents looked like I wasn't me and Xani, literally froze. I sighed, "Avengers!" I shouted getting back into my 'mask' as I like to call it. "I need you to keep that girl in a room, for interrogation. I already know about Xaniety enough," I turned towards the agents and ordered them to help the three frozen-teers to a room, in the same room. They nodded and got to it.

I rubbed my temples as Tony came over to me, "Well... Eyepatch actually has a good side!" he yelled as I growled and sent a glare in his direction, "Sir, was that real?" Natasha asks, I looked her way and saw amusement in her eyes. "Yes... That was real. DON'T expect it every day," I snapped towards them as I dramatically left the room, hearing Stark say "Drama King..." I smirked.