chapter 4

-Emma's POV-

When the bus finally gets to my stop I get out of my seat and start to walk towards the bus doors. Before I get to far I look back to see the group of girls worried about their friend. I feel bad. I mean if Raylen wasn't where she said she was going to be I'd be super worried! It's not like she could have fled town or anything she'll be back to school tomorrow. I get off the bus and walk to my front door. Neither my Mother or Brian are home I get home so pull out my house key and put it in the lock.

-Sams POV-

"Dean I can't find anything to connect anyone, to Karah." I say looking at my evenly as frustrated brother. "I can't find anything supernatural about the set of numbers either." Dean responds. "No leads." We say at the same time. Both of us slouching in our seats. "The only thing I can even think of connecting her to is that Mayes kid." Dean says. "You just want to know how you know the name." I respond. He's speechless, only because I'm right. "We are going to need to go back to the school tomorrow so we can actually talk to some of the kids instead of looking for connections." I tell him. "Read me what we have so far." I speak again, pointing at the file in front of Dean. "Uh, ok. Kara Smith, 14 years old. She was found dead behind the building with a metal rod through her chest." He says. "An angel blade was the metal rod. Otherwise this case wouldn't even need us." I say just making sure we're both on the same page. "Yes, and then the number, in her blood, on the wall, say '5,13,13,1'" dean finished reading the report. "Well Dean, we've never not solved a case. We're just going to have to get back in the school and do a more thorough look." I reassure him. "And talk to some kids" he add. I know who he's referring to, but I didn't say anything.  The. The phone rings. It's from the school.

-Emma's POV-

I'm jamming my key in the lock and it won't open! I'm pushing it in, pulling it out. Twisting the house key left and right, but it won't budge! Today is a bad day. It can't get any worse. I pull out my key and sit on the front porch. I'm texting my mom and she says she can't get off work and that she's sorry. So I just play games on my phone. Until, Josh Vincent starts walking up to me.

Josh Vincent is a popular kid in my grade. He's 15 (he started school late, he's not like dumb or anything) and has light brown hair, hazel eyes and he's like 5"6. (I'm about 5"2 I'm just guessing his height based off mine.). His mom and my mom used to be friends, so we hung out when we were younger. Then his parents got a divorce because dad was getting arrested. Then we all just stopped talking, I guess his mom was embarrassed to be married to a criminal and didn't want to talk about it to anyone.

Remember when I said today couldn't get any worse. Well, it's about to. Josh is still walking over here and I don't know what to do or say. So I keep starring down at my phone glancing up to see how much time of peace I had left. Then he finally makes it up to me in his black ripped jeans and white 'thrasher' hoodie. He goes to stand in front of the steps (and me). I still don't look up. Is this rude? Probably.

"Hey?" He says. Ok this is good nothing insulting. "Hey..." I say looking up at him slowly. "Remember me?" He says jokingly. "Haha." I say sarcastically. "I don't think I do, who are you?" I ask jokingly. "What a pity maybe these will jog your memory?" He says pulling out picture from his pocket. There baby photos, of us. We were so cute. I mean he still is cute, like, uh not in that way. Just. Yea. He looks down at the steps I'm sitting on and I scoot over so he can take a seat, he starts flipping through the photos. We're laughing and joking about our child hood. He pulls out one from a Christmas our family spent together. It was me, my mom, him, his older brother, dad and mom. He scoots closer to show me the handprint ordainments the two of us had made for the Christmas tree in the background. "Why do you still have these" I ask embarrassed elbowing him in the arm. "What do you mean?!" He says flipping through them again by himself. "These were the best moments of my life!" He says. He's serious. He was with his dad, mom and brother. It's his whole family. Together.

It's been silent for a while as he flips through the pictures a few time, me looking over his shoulder. "Why'd we stop hanging out?" He asks jokingly with a sad tone. "Do you want the honest answer?" I ask. "yeah?" He says confused. "You got popular, and I stayed the loser." He looks down, at a picture of him and I on Halloween. He's a pig and I was a farmer. "We should hang out." He says looking up at me. "We should." I say smiling. "Wanna go see a movie Friday?" He ask. "As.. as friend I mean" adding to his previous question. "Sure, let me see what I'm doing." I say. He smiles. "You got a pen?" He asks. I nod pulling a pen out of my backpack. "Paper too." he adds. I pull out a pen and paper and hand it to him. He writes his phone number. "Well, I gotta head home. Bye Emma." He says standing up and walking away. "Text me! We'll figure the movie out!" He shouts from the end of the driveway.

Awe, cute Josh and Emma. I'm not going I pull josh into the story to much.

He also won't be around after Emma meets and goes off with the Winchester's. Sorryyy!

Anwaysss toodles :)