chapter 8

- Emma's POV -

People move to sit with their friends and I just stay where I am because, well. I don't like anyone in this class. I continue on the work he assigned. Already thinking about ideas I can do to make it fun, and colorful. But, fist I have to figure out what my name is in the , 'backwards alphabet'. What even is that.

I grab out a piece of filler paper and start to write the alphabet forward. Then backwards.
a b c d e f g h I j k l m n o o q r s t u v w x y z
z y x w v u y s r q p o n m l k j I h g f e d c b a
Ok so e is v. M is  n and a is z. So v,n,n,z. Oh no. This can't be right! Again? I pull up my sleeve, and yep. It's a match. I.. I didn't kill them! I know I didn't! I'm freaking out I can feel my red face. The agents start walking over to me. Oh no. What do I do. There're coming, I can't just sit here? I crumple up the paper and hold it in my fist.

"Hey, you ok kid?" The shorter one says. "Oh, uh yea. Yes." I respond quickly. " you sure?" He questions. I nod my head. The taller one is focused on my hand. He knows I'm hiding something. I'm going to jail! "Can we talk to you in the hall?" The tall one asks. I nod. They motion for me to go out in the hall and I stand up and walk with them. On my way out I see the sub watching and laughing at me. WTH? He's psychotic!

"What's in your hand?" Ask the tall one. I stay silent. "Emma?" The short one starts "What's in your fist?" I stay silent. He grabs my arm and twists it just enough to make me let go. "Ouch!" I yelp. They look at it shocked. "You're a demon!" The tall one says. "A what?" I ask "wow you guys really did check out from a mental ward. Suddenly the short one pulls out a flask. "You can't have that he-" he splashed me with it! What! "Y'all are mental!" I say backing up. "Sammy, silver." The short one says. "Sammy?" I ask watching him pull it a fork? "You keep forks in your pockets?" I say, him approaching me with the fork. He holds it out. "Uhm?" I say grabbing it. "She's fine." The tall one says.

- Deans POV -

I don't think Emma killed anyone. However I do think she's hiding something and it might be something to help us on this case. "Emma. We need to know everything you know about any of this!" Sam pressures. Her response is just stutters. "Please." I say.

She tells us about how her name matches the number in math. How the sub in her English class is the one from math. That she was one of Jenna and Karahs targets. I feel bad for her, mostly. I look at Sam. I'm pretty sure we are both thinking the same thing. That the Substitute is our next suspect. I rip a piece off the paper and write down one of our number so she can tell us anything else if she finds anything out.

We escort her back to class and the teacher is gone? We ask the kids what happened and they said he just left. Packed his stuff got up and left. We look at his desk. It was definitely him. He left and angel blade and the number clue along with the letter one. Why did he write Emma's name though? Was she the overall target. No, she not that hard to get. They seem like they are trying to get our attention through her. Or maybe vise versa.

The school day ends and we inform all the teacher, staff, and office workers about the man, we leave out that he's a demon. We only say that he's out suspect and should not be allowed around the kids.

The bell rings and all the kids leave, Sam and I do the same. We head to the motel and review some of the new evidence. We've never had a case this hard. And Emma. She had to get dragged into this. Poor kid.

"Dean" Sam says. "Hand me Emma's paper." He looks and the hand writing. Unless she went through the trouble of getting a twin and changing her hand writing, she checks out." He says. I let out a sigh. Emmas a good kid, I can tell. "I wonder why the demon used Emma?" I say. "I know it can be coincidence!" Same says putting he hand on his face. "I'm stumped." He says. "Me too Sammy me too."

A couple minutes pass and we have got nothing. Unless something else comes up or we find that teacher we are stuck! "Sam, I'm worried. What if this is a case we don't finish." I say. "Don't worry dean, well finish." Then my phones starts to ring. It's Emma. School only let out about thirty minutes ago. How could she have learned anything outside of school? I pick up the phone "hello?" She sound frantic. We finish our conversation and I look at Sam "We need to go a.s.a.p let go." I say grabbing my jacket and ushering him out the door. "What happened?" He asks. "I tell you in the car" I say rushing to my baby.

What happened to Emma?

The next chapter is going to start with Emma's POV. It will start from when she gets on the bus.

The next chapter is gonna contain lots of tea!

Welllll, bai. Toodles! :p