01 | Life of the Party

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color
•H/C: Hair Color

——————————————————
____________________________________
Author's POV:
____________________________________

——————————————————____________________________________Author's POV:____________________________________

____________________________________

"Oh, come on, Y/N! Please, come with us! I promise, it'll be lots of fun!" Pleads a rather hyper, blonde woman all dolled up in a short, dark red dress and straightened hair. Her green eyes sparkled with hope as she folded her hands together, praying that she'd break through to her uninterested friend, even going so far as to stick her lip out to form her infamous puppy-dog pout. A set of E/C eyes move away from a computer screen listing company names looking for new hires, clear exhaustion and stress inside of them.

"Sorry, Sam, I'm just not sure if I'm up for it. I have to find a job soon, or I can kiss my apartment goodbye. Honestly, not a single call back this week. Talk about unprofessional." Breathing out a sigh, Y/N leans back against the couch and keeps scrolling, the words blurring from doing this too long. Of course, she'd rather do literally anything other than this, but she's been unemployed for too long now, and it's starting to make her worry.

"But, it's my birthday! You have to come with, and besides, you need to take a break. You've been job-searching nonstop! Even your eye bags have baggage." Pausing her scrolling, Y/N looked up at Samantha with a frown, to which she gives a smile back. Softening her gaze, the reluctant woman sighs.

Today is Samantha's 24th birthday, so naturally, she wanted to spend it with all of her friends. Though super busy with the job hunt, Y/N couldn't possibly turn down the invite, wanting to at least spend a little time with her. The blonde may or may not have also convinced her by claiming she'd help her look at job listings. Granted, she had for a little while, but eventually, she left her to her own devices as she and the others got ready for... Wherever they planned on going tonight.

"What did you say the place was called again?" She asks, having been told earlier but had forgotten due to her mind being on other things.

"The Devil's Speakeasy. The reviews for it were wild. Highly recommended! The drinks are supposed to be out of this world! I really really want to go, but I want you to come with us! It won't be the same unless you're there too."

"Sam, I don't even drink."

"I know, I know, but they have other things: a casino, a buffet— Oh! And live music too! You like that, don't you?" Samantha was relentless, and it made Y/N feel bad. Even if she didn't have to look for a job right now, the place didn't sound like it would be her scene. However, her friend really seemed like she wanted her to go. In a last-ditch effort to persuade her, the blonde adds, "At least be our designated driver. It'll be so much safer than taking a cab or Uber. Cheaper too."