26 | Chipped Horns

•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————
__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————__________________________________Author's POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

     With a troubled mind and trembling hands, Y/N opened the door to Samantha's apartment and closed it behind her, chest rising and falling unevenly with each breath as she pressed her back against the wood and slowly slid down to the floor, eyes wide as they stared ahead into the darkness. What had just happened was so unreal. She didn't know what to think or what to do. All she can do is wait and hope that Loui would succeed in retrieving her best friend.

     The thought to call her other friends about the situation crossed her mind for a brief moment before getting discarded. That would be a terrible idea. They'd be so worried that they'd rush over to her. That won't be ideal, especially since she couldn't give them the full story. They'd want to get the police involved, but even that wasn't a good idea.

    'Demons. Why did it have to be demons?' Placing a hand over her face, Y/N's shoulders shook in sync with a sob as hot tears streamed down her cheeks. She felt useless. If it were a normal human that assaulted them, perhaps there'd be a greater success rate in catching that wretched man, but after their encounter, she saw how fast and strong he was against the both of them. They were easily thrown around like rag dolls, but she doesn't precisely know what Loui himself is capable of. Could he really defeat that criminal, or at least get Sam back, or would he also be cornered by that beast?

    She had to believe in him, regardless of all the drama going on between them. He was her only hope of getting her friend back safely. After some time, the woman found her legs and staggered over to the couch to sit. She didn't bother to turn on the light. There was comfort in the darkness, in knowing that her expression could not be seen.

     If the light was on, she might catch sight of her tears in the reflection of the T.V. or a mirror, and she didn't want to see that. It would only send her spiraling into a deeper pit of despair. Perhaps, if she turned the television on, she could distract herself for a time, but in her head, all she could do was relive the same scene over and over again. She nearly died. Had Loui not come to her rescue, she would've been.

    She'd either be crushed under that truck or forced into a far scarier situation with that monster. Knowing this only added to the dread of the situation. What was happening to Samantha right now? Was she saved yet? Did she get killed? Did the creature get away? Her mind was buzzing and aching from all the questions and what-if scenarios.

    She prayed for Loui to return soon before she ends up having a heart attack from the stress, and thankfully, her prayers were answered in a matter of minutes. She jumped, even yelped, when a knock came from the door, shooting up to her feet before rushing over to peer through the peephole. The image of Loui all bloodied and beaten in the hallway filled her right eye, and in his arms lies her best friend, passed out and covered in her own collection of injuries. She wasn't going to question how he knew where she was or how to get to the apartment.