27 | Prince Charming

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

—————————————————
__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————__________________________________Author's POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

Y/N's body jolted awake to the sound of a sharp snap, the familiar greasy sizzle of bacon as it squealed over the stove's fire and permeated the air with its enticing, dense smell. Loui flips the pieces over with a spatula, ensuring both sides would be perfectly crisp without being overdone, saying some words over the popping noises that were indistinguishable to her ears due to the soft tone of his voice. It was the recognizable giggle of a woman, however, that got her eyes to open. The E/C optics stared out blankly ahead, a bit hazy before noticing that, rather than being on the floor, Y/N had been laid out on the couch and cocooned in a blanket with a couch pillow under her head.

Groaning at the dull ache in her back and limbs, she sat up with a hand on her head, finding that it hurt quite a bit. All of last night's excitement caught up to her body in seconds, and immediately, she wished to collapse back onto the couch and pop a pain pill to ease the discomfort. Turning her head with a slight hiss through her teeth as she lightly massaged the back of her neck, Y/N looked over into the kitchen, where she could see a certain demon cooking at the oven with his back to her, chatting it up with her best friend, who sat at the table, smiling. She was relieved to see Sam acting okay. The blonde didn't show any outward signs of pain and looked to be acting like her usual, cheery self.

A few moments pass before a pair of green eyes turned her way, and that smile brightened significantly. Her chair screeched across the floor before she got out of it to race towards her brave friend who had stood up for her in the face of danger and pulled her into a bone-crushing hug, which would've been more appreciated had Y/N not been covered in bruises. Still, she didn't complain and wore a smile herself as she embraced her back. Sam's sprint quickly caught Loui's attention, and he watched the two with a grin of his own.

"Holy fuck, Y/N, you're okay! Thank God! That was so scary! You were so brave for sticking up for me. I'm so sorry you got battered up too." Y/N was hardly shocked when her friend started shaking and crying on her shoulder, but it made her smile shrink as she held the woman tighter. It made her heart break to see her friend like this. Glancing over at Loui, she watched as the demon brought a finger to his lips before returning to the food he was making for breakfast.

She heaved a sigh, realizing that he likely made up a story as not to draw suspicion to his kind. It was understandable; she just wished she didn't have to lie about it. Last thing she wanted was for Sam to get mixed up with this demon business. It was better this way, and knowing that, she realized how Loui must've felt about telling her the truth about him and The Speakeasy. Abruptly, Samantha pulled herself out of Y/N's arms with a fire in her eyes.