18 | Lovesickness

•Y/N: Your Name
•H/C: Hair Color

—————————————————
__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————__________________________________Author's POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

With a cheerful smile plastered on her lips and a pep in her step, Y/N carries the empty drink tray in her hand over to the bar, where the friendly, blonde bartender stands. She felt relieved, knowing her shift was over, since it had been a long, tiring night, and her feet hurt like hell due to all the standing and walking around she did. Oh, how she longed to go home and collapse onto the bed for some much needed rest; although, she wasn't even sure she'd have the energy to make it to the bedroom, let alone change out of her uniform. She might just nap on the couch instead. Upon catching sight of the approaching woman, Loui sends his love a charming smile that lit up her eyes as she smiled back. He could almost hear the frantic beating of her heart from where he stood as Y/N set the round tray on the counter.

Ever since their last date, the waitress could hardly control the heat from rising to her face whenever she got close to the handsome bartender. His very presence wraps her thoughts in chains, pulling her to think only of him, as well as the things he's said and done for her, greatly affecting both her mind and body in a way she never felt before. It seems like no matter what he does, he always makes her feel lighter than air. She had even started to focus on her looks more often just to gain compliments from the man, even though she didn't necessarily need to, constantly dolling herself up whenever she comes into work, which he seemed to love. He found it very cute that she thought she had to try hard to snare him, but the truth is, he was already caught in her cage. She didn't need to make herself any prettier, for she already is the most beautiful thing he has ever laid eyes on, but still, her attempts were adorable. He especially loved how obviously cheerful she gets when she's near him. It's always fun to tease her about it. The other employees have also noticed the oddly jittery human stinking up the place with the scent of oxytocin.

It made them sick.

  They wanted to vomit at every flirt and compliment that came out of their mouths when they spoke to each other with longing looks in their eyes. It was so hard to watch from their perspective, and they couldn't even ignore it, since the lovesick duo are constantly at each other's sides, especially since Y/N gets refills so often during the busy hours of the night. As badly as they wanted to, none of them dared to interfere with their boss' little obsession with the human, knowing the consequences that would follow if they ever got in his way. They would rather avoid the higher demon's wrath at all costs. He's more powerful than all of them, even more so when angry, which they've only seen once in their entire lifetime, and they hoped to never experience it again. It still gets under their skin, however. For the moment, they'll just have to deal with it.