03 | Lucky Odds

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color
•H/C: Hair Color

—————————————————
__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————__________________________________Author's POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

As Y/N minded her business, just listening to the music while watching the band play, an older-looking man decides to take the seat next to her. Upon feeling his gaze, she turns her head to look at him with a raised brow, expecting him to look away the moment their eyes met. Instead, she's given a lopsided grin as the man pushes back his long, black locks away from his tan face. His face was fluorescent from his overconsumption of alcohol, the booze easily overpowering the smell of the cologne he wore.

"Hey there, sweetie. You gotta nice dress on, but I bet the view's better underneath." He gives a wheezing laugh while facing the bar, causing Y/N to scrunch her nose in disgust before rolling her eyes at the man as he orders a drink.

"Gimme a Cerberus, bartender!" He shouts. The man in the fedora nods his head and takes out a glass before filling it with scotch, ginger, pomegranate juice, soda water and a sprinkle of that pink substance from before. There's a small pop, before a puff of smoke rises from the drinks, turning the alcohol a blood-red color. This intrigues Y/N, making her wonder just what that substance is yet again. She takes a slow sip of her soda before setting it on the counter. The man takes a drink of his own beverage before turning back towards the H/C-haired woman beside him, his drunken grin still present on his face. "Ya know, as fun as this place is, I bet we can have a better night in my hotel room," he suggests before chuckling and hiccuping.

"Um... No thanks. I'm not interested," she mutters in response, trying not to start a scene with this guy. He's just a drunk stumbling over his words. He probably won't even remember this in the morning. Y/N's attention is drawn away from the man when Samantha comes to her side, gripping her shoulder, accidentally making the woman lean more towards the bar.

"Oh my gosh! Y/N, this is the best birthday ever!" She shouts while vigorously shaking her friend and squeezing her tightly. The rest of Y/N's friends soon catch up to the birthday girl, all looking happy.

"They have so much good food at the buffet!" Carly adds as she chows down on a hot wing with a plate full of more of them in her hand. Looks like she went through quite a few of them, for there are plenty of bones littering the ceramic disk. Y/N forces a smile on her lips, pretending to have a good time as well to not bring the energy down. She was happy her friends were having fun.

"Hey, bartender, another round, please," Amira asks happily, causing the man behind the counter to nod.

"Sure thing," he says in a smooth voice before grabbing new glasses and mixing the drinks they had ordered last. Y/N was surprised he could even remember their order, since a lot of people have ordered drinks since then. While Y/N was distracted, the dunk patron beside her saw the opportunity to slip something into her drink. The straw spun a few times to make the drug dissolve before he pulled away and emptied his cup. Ruby-red eyes shine brightly upon witnessing the man's deplorable actions, but they made no motion to act directly. Their crimson gaze shoots over to a pair of bouncers near the staircase in silent signal, gaining their attention.

They stand straight and nod their heads before dispersing, one pulling out their phone and heading outside, while the other walks towards the stage. Y/N's friends soon run off again to continue gambling, taking their drinks with them, leaving the woman with only her cup of Sprite to keep her company. Her attention is soon pulled back to the man on her left when he speaks with that crooked smile still in place.

"Sure ya don't wanna reconsider, sweetie? I promise to be gentle."

"Hard pass."

"I can give you something else that's hard," he retorts under his breath. Y/N gasps in disgust, nearly slapping him for his comment. A strong glare warns him to back off before something ugly starts, but the man only laughs. "No? How's about I buy you a drink, then?"

"No, thanks. I have my own," she states with venom in her tone, gesturing to her unknowingly tainted beverage. Her fingers wrap around the cup and picks it up, while the man bites his bottom lip in anticipation. Before Y/N could take a sip, however, the music came to an abrupt end as everyone's attention was brought towards the stage. A man with slicked-back, brown hair in a bouncer's uniform stands at the microphone before speaking into it.

"Excuse me, to the owner of a gold Camaro, your car is being towed." He informs, causing the drunk man's brown eyes to bulge.

"Shit!" Hurriedly, he jumps off the barstool before sprinting towards the exit to save his car, while Y/N nearly laughed as she shook her head at him.

'That's karma for you, perverted bastard.' As she went to have a sip of her soda, a hand pressed down on the opposite end of the glass, raising Y/N's attention to the blonde bartender, who gave a charming smile as he leaned down towards her face.

"Let me make you a fresh one." Y/N arched a brow at his calm yet serious offer, looking for a reason. He gladly gifts her a little hint. "I can't have a designated driver sleepin' at the wheel, now, can I?" Shocked, she loosened her grip on the glass, allowing him to take it away and get her a new one. That guy was trying to drug her?! Sickened, she felt her stomach twist. Had he not caught that, she would've blindly taken that drink, and who knows what could've happened. She dared not think of it.

"Thank you." As the music started up again, a fresh glass of Sprite was placed in front of her.

"Anytime, Doll Face." The man lifts the brim of his hat a bit to reveal a set of vibrant, red eyes which send the lady a wink. Surprised by the strange color, her lips parted as her eyes widened a tad.

'Wow! His contacts are amazing. They almost look real.' Y/N sends the nice man a smile as she takes a sip of her new drink. Then, she recalls something she had been meaning to ask, something one of her friends had brought up before her coming to the bar. "You wouldn't happen to be hiring, would you?"

"Actually, yes. We've been needin' some more waitresses. You interested?" The bartender asks, seemingly happy that she brought it up. He leans over the counter some, his hat falling over his eyes again to hide the ruby optics. Y/N takes a quick look around the establishment to find one of the waitresses that are walking around to have a look at their uniform. Their clothes hold a resemblance to the bartender's, only they involve black bowties and skirts. Y/N wasn't very fond of the idea of wearing such a short skirt in the presence of drunk men, but she supposed a pair or tights or even leggings would help that some. She needed work. At this point, anything would do. Facing the smiling bartender, she nods her head.

"Yeah, I'm interested." His grin widened a touch as he dropped down behind the counter before popping back up with an application in hand. The paper is laid out in front of her, requesting all her information, alongside a shiny, red pen.

"Hope I get to see that pretty face again, Doll." Heat rises to Y/N's cheeks as she picked up the pen. She supposed his words were meant to be a flirt, but he sounded pretty friendly, so she let it slide. He didn't put off any bad vibes, unlike that other man. Black ink stained the page, filling out every box, before she hands the page back to him. Those unique eyes of his skim over the words as a wide smile appears on his lips before looking back at her.

"Hope to see you workin' here, Y/N."