22 | Creatures in Hiding

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

—————————————————
__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————__________________________________Author's POV:__________________________________

______________________________

     Black flats click against the pavement as Y/N makes her way to the bar's entrance early morning, like Sheryl had said, feeling a bit tired, since she had worked late last night, but she didn't want to miss the meeting. Even though Loui would've probably let it slide, since he had forgotten to tell her about it, she didn't want to be slacking at work. She was excited to see him again too, even though they haven't really been separated long. Something that came as a bit of a surprise to her was that Mayhue wasn't standing guard outside the door— Or any bouncer, for that matter.

     She would've guessed there'd be someone outside after the last time she came early in the morning but brushed it off as a single incident. What reason would a club need around the clock security anyways? The door is unlocked, so she lets herself in, even though the sign on the door clearly reads, Closed. She could hear hushed voices as she enters the dark hallway but couldn't quite make out what they were saying.

    'Did the meeting already start?' She wonders while moving aside the curtain hiding the balcony from view. The place looked no different, just a little less lit up, and yet, Y/N froze in her tracks upon looking down at the people below. Eyes of either pure black or white all shot in her direction as inhuman grins met the faces of the most disgusting creatures she had ever laid eyes upon. No two looked the same, but each held their own horrifying features that made her legs buckle and stumble back.

     A firm chest blocks her path, causing her to whirl around and scream at a nearly nine-foot beast built with muscle that'd put the world's best body builder to shame. With an unhinged jaw full of massive and crooked, sharp teeth, he roars right in her face, causing the woman to back into the railing before she's scooped up into his arms and held high. Y/N didn't even have the chance to struggle before she was tossed off the balcony, screaming for dear life as she came closer to the floor. The impact never came; rather, another beast with seven eyes and translucent, blue skin catches her before throwing her to the floor himself.

    The waitress cries and screams in horror as they all crowed her, pulling at her hair and clothes to drag her around, each one bringing their hideous faces close to her own so that she would get a good look at their monstrous features. Though she was passed around like a rag doll, each demon was extra careful not to leave marks, as that would certainly be a death sentence. Y/N frantically punched and kicked to get away as one snaps their jaw near her ear, only for her limbs to be grabbed and held down firmly.

     Meanwhile, outside the establishment, Loui was leisurely making his was to the bar for the usual check-in with his employees. Often times, he'd have meetings with them in the mornings to ensure they were behaving themselves and keeping to their contract. Today was unusual, though. When he got closer, he could hear a faint scream that no human around him would be able to hear. The hairs on the back of his neck raised as his posture straightened. His red eyes glowed brightly as he whipped his head back and forth to find where the sound had come from.