08 | Threatening Warnings

•E/C: Eye Color

——————————————————
____________________________________
Your POV:
____________________________________

——————————————————____________________________________Your POV:____________________________________

____________________________________

A soft, nearly inaudible, groan escapes me when I sense the sun's light on my face, awakening me from my deep slumber. Very slowly, I sit up from my bed, causing the blanket that covered me to fall on my lap as I rub the sleep out of my E/C eyes. A faint pounding beats within my head, causing me to sigh. I really don't want to deal with a headache today. I remove the blanket from my form completely before throwing my legs over the side of the bed and stretching my arms above my head. I walk over to the bathroom and search for any kind of pain medication only to turn up empty.

'Guess I'll just have to deal with it today.' Gently, I rub the right side of my head as I head to the kitchen to make breakfast. I turn on the coffee machine, hoping the caffeine would help wake me up from my lethargic state. My gaze is caught by the clock on the wall to check the time, and I can't help but groan. It's twelve fifteen, though I suppose I can understand why I slept in so late.

Last night had been exhausting. I peer down at my hand and gently trace some of the closed cuts on my skin. Thankfully, no more incidents happened after that waitress stepped on my hand during the night. Actually, everything went pretty smoothly after Loui had been kind enough to give me a short break.

The bartender had warned me to avoid the other waitresses as much as possible, so nothing like that ever happens again, which I found to be somewhat sweet. I've never had a boss nice enough to show so much concern over me. Other than that, I had a late night. The blinking lights from the slot machines and the loud music didn't help much either. It's why I have a headache right now.

Not to mention that I had to clean my uniform before I went to bed. Thankfully, the fabric wasn't stained by the drinks that spilled on me. After filling a white mug with coffee, I make a small breakfast... Er, lunch of oatmeal with orange slices on the side. Once I'm done, I take the food and coffee to the living room, where I set the dishes on the coffee table and have a seat on the couch. I have a sip of my hot drink before reaching for the remote to watch T.V. on a low volume.

With luck, my second night will be easier.

____________________________________
Author's POV:
____________________________________

A clear liquid pours into a shot glass from a bottle of vodka held in Loui's right hand until the cup is full. The glass of alcohol is then brought to the male's lips before it's downed in seconds flat. Blankly, his crimson eyes stare ahead of him at the shelves of alcoholic drinks behind the bar that he currently sits upon. The Devil's Speakeasy is left silent in its morning hours. The bar had been closed a little while ago, which allowed the owner of the bar to have a word with his staff, who stands behind him.