The Masquerade

(Note: Recently the video stopped playing on this website. So if you wish to watch Erik and Juliette's dance as I imagine it then just follow the link to YouTube when the video rejects letting you watch:) Sorry for the trouble.)

 Juliette laughed as Jamie spun her around dancing to the music being played by the orchestra. She hadn't been this happy in a while. As she danced her long yellow dress swished with her. Erik had known what he was doing when he designed it. 

When the music ended she stepped off the dance floor to rest briefly. Jamie mentioned something about getting them drinks and left. All of the colors and masks blended together brilliantly. Juliette watched Meg dancing in her pink and black outfit. After all that had happened, it was nice to get a break. 

There was only one missing element. She really had hoped that Erik would turn up and say hello before he went and did his Red Death entrance. As she casually adjusted her golden mask a voice addressed her from behind.

 "Hello mon petit danseur, enjoying the evening?" she whipped around came face to face with Erik. He was still wearing his half mask but he had on black pants and tall dark brown boots. He also had a gold waistcoat with a white cravat and a royal blue tailcoat with gold trim. She threw her arms around him in a tight hug. 

"You came!" she said and then pulled back, "I'm so glad to see you. Nice costume." 

"Merci, I don't think Antoinette got the notice about costumes though," Erik said with one of his small smiles. His eyes briefly turned toward Madame Giry, who sure enough only had one change in her outfit which was the shawl Meg and Juliette had given her. 

"I must say, you look lovely." 

"Thank you. The costume is beautiful. I am so grateful to you." Said Juliette with a broad smile. "And I told Maman that and she said she was going as a strict ballet mistress." This elicited a small chuckle from Erik.

 "Well, I have a little while before my big entrance. May I have this dance Mademoiselle?" he held out his hand. 

"I would be delighted Monsieur Phantom." Said Juliette with a curtsy. She gently laid her golden gloved hand in his and Erik led her onto the dance floor. Juliette realized as the music began that the song playing, was similar to Tale as Old as Time, from Beauty and the Beast. 

Slowly the pair began to waltz. Erik was a brilliant dancer as he led her around the floor. She felt like she was gliding. He gently spun her and brought her in catching her hand. At the climax of the song, he placed his arm around her waist and lifted her up slightly as they turned on the spot. As the music ended Erik spun her out and she ended in a deep curtsy, still holding his hand. 

Erik bowed and then led her off the floor. Juliette only then noticed that people had moved back from the dance floor while the pair of them danced. Juliette and Erik headed back to the corner they had originally been standing in.

 "That was lovely Erik, probably the highlight of my night. Thank you for coming." Juliette said smiling up at him. 

"I enjoyed it too mon petit danseur. I am afraid I have to go now. Thank you for this evening." Erik replied. 

"Yes, you probably should leave. Otherwise, all the girls will come and swamp you wanting to dance." Juliette said with a laugh.

 "Maybe," said Erik and with that, he disappeared. Seconds later Meg came running over. 

"Oh, Julie! You look magnificent. Was that HIM?" she said lowering her voice. Juliette gave a small smile but before she could answer she was swamped by several of the other ballet rats asking who her dance partner had been.