The Phantom's Opera

Erik's Opera was probably the most difficult production that the company had ever put on. Erik was meticulous about each detail, leaving instructions on the blocking and sets.

To be quite honest she was pretty sure the only thing he didn't have a large hand in was the dancing. Probably due to the fact that not even the great Phantom of the Opera ever dared question Madame Giry on dance.

Juliette had thrown herself into learning the choreography. Her solo was especially difficult. The dance was fast-paced and passionate. At one point she had to do 28 fouette turns in a row.

It was tough but she was determined not to let Erik down. She knew that things were going to go crazy near the end but she would make sure her part went smoothly.

Everyone in the opera house was on edge. Even the usually calm Madame Giry was rather tightly wound. She was far more strict than normal. Both Meg and Juliette could tell that their mother was upset.

Erik had been right when he said that she would have a lot on her plate. Besides simply having practiced for the group dances and normal rehearsals, Juliette also had extra practice sessions for her solo. In fact, she was in one currently.

"Get your leg higher up in that kick turn." Said Madame Giry sternly. Sighing slightly Juliette repeated the move while applying the correction.

She had her normal practice outfit on, a white leotard with pink tights and pointe shoes, the only difference was that she was using a longer skirt than her normal tutu.

Rising on point Juliette kicked one leg up and used the momentum to turn around. She then did several turns on both feet before sliding down into a split. By the time she hit the final position, Juliette was panting a little.

"Good work Juliette. You are dismissed." Said her mother with an approving nod. As Juliette left the practice room she walked down a hallway and heard crying coming from the direction of the chapel.

Curious Juliette went towards the sound and opened the door to find Christine crying on the ground. Sighing, Juliette set down her bag and moved to comfort her friend.

Upon feeling Juliette's touch Christine jumped and tried to hide her tears.

"Oh sorry, do you want to be alone here?" she asked.

"No it is fine. Besides, it seems that your need is greater than mine." Said Juliette. "I just heard crying and came to check what was happening."

"Oh Juliette, I don't think I can do this. The chapel is the only place I feel safe now. I can feel the Phantom all around. This seems to be the only place he will for certain not watch me. Everyone is relying on me, from the managers to Raoul. He keeps speaking about how he will find and capture the Phantom. I know I should be happy but part of me doesn't want anything to happen to my angel. Even after all that has happened." Christine was now openly sobbing into Juliette's shoulder.

"Christine. I don't know entirely what to say. It is important that this opera happen. Important to both the managers and your angel. He wrote it just for you. I know you must be under a lot of stress. And that isn't right. If you feel that way you need to get a backbone and stand up to Raoul and tell him how you feel. People who love you don't go around pressuring their loved one into doing something. If he keeps this up then I might rethink that engagement ring. But the most important thing you need to remember is that you aren't alone in this. You have me, Madame Giry, Meg, and all your other friends to support you."

Christine seemed to calm down after Juliette's little speech. Drying her eyes she looked and Juliette.

"You think so?" she asked.