Sensory Overload

Peter's day was going shit.

He woke up late, missed breakfast in his rush and couldn't even swing his way to school since he was out of web fluid. So with an empty stomach he ran through the rain slipping several times and doing his best to protect his books and bag. And off course as soon as he stepped foot on the noisy grounds of his school a headache, more like migraine, arrived.

Yeah, he could officially say his day had turned to shit.

When he finally pulled up to Maths he was met by snickers as Flash and his group noticed his soaking form and tired face. Ned shot him a sympathetic glance as Peter sat down, his brown curls still dripping.

"Why thank you for finally joining us Mr Parker, during your next free period or lunch break please go to the office to sign in for your late arrival." The teacher called out, completely ignoring the fact that he was absolutely miserable. All she got back was a silent nod met with a grunt.

Though one of his favourite subjects was maths his headache only increased as each minute passed and it seemed like his senses were slowly dialling up.

By second period he could clearly here the teacher of the next class scolding some random kid, even though she wasn't yelling. The lights seemed to bright, as if he had just woken up and he could feel every engravement on the wooden desk.

Peter's shitty day had just gotten shittier.

Ned had done his best to not irate his friend anymore and to provide some comfort but it was almost always answered with an unhappy grumble.

Peter's second last period of the day was Chemistry which was unfortunately without Ned who had left school early due to some doctors appointment. So here Peter was, realising he took Ned's support for granted and suffered through the class. But there was a problem, all other classrooms looked and sounded the same. The chemistry class on the other hand was filled with chemicals that already had a strong smell and Peter could feel bile rising up in his throat.

The migraine was at peak point now and everything was providing excruciating pain. The lights weren't just uncomfortable but blinding and he could hear every single breath or movement in the class. The feeling of his clothes itched to the point it burned and the smell. Every table was provided with 3 basic chemicals that shouldn't have affected him, but it burned his throat. Times that by 27 resulted him in choking.

He couldn't take it anymore and raced out to the bathroom, ignoring the teachers angry protests. As soon as he reached the bathroom he projectile vomited (thankfully trying to keep most of it in the sink). The smell of the bathroom rivalled that of the chemistry class. Everything he had in the last week he could taste all at once and it was vile. Pizza, Shawarma, Chinese takeaway, just thinking about it made him want to vomit even more.

Finally he sank to the floor in one of the stalls and curled up, trying to shut the senses out but ultimately failing. The tears came down in cascades and at last he greeted darkness like an old friend.

oOo

"Boss, it appears that Peter is not at expected physical health. He is in one of Midtown's bathrooms unconscious, I believe he has experienced a sensory overload." FRIDAY informed and Tony instantly sat up from his rest on the couch.

He pressed the the bracelet on his wrist and the Iron Man suit formed around him. FRIDAY greeted him once more from inside the headset and he blasted off through one of his penthouse windows.

"Tell Happy to drive to the school, I don't have the time to drive."

oOo

This time when Tony arrived at the school he took the liberty to walk through the front door but shocked many of the students in the hallways who immediately whipped out their phones.

"Oh my god! It's Iron Man!" One student yelled and immediately students crowded him but he pushed them aside (not too roughly, just enough to get them out of the way).

"Yes, yes I'm Iron Man, now where is Peter!" He roared, his patience wearing thin.

"Boss, it appears he's in the second floor bathroom, still unconscious but no more injuries."

"Thank you, FRIDAY." Tony said and rushed up the floor and slammed the bathroom door open.

Only one stall was locked and he could hear sniffles of pain. Tony blasted the bathroom lock off with the lowest power level and jumped out of his suit to provide comfort for Peter.

"Shh, shh Peter I know it hurts. You gotta wake up so I can take you back to the tower and get a check up done."

"But what about school..." Peter murmured earning a chuckle out of Tony.

"Forget about school for a moment, kid. I'm pretty sure your health is more important."

"T-tony i-it hurts..." Peter whimpered and buried his head into Tony's shoulder.

"I know, I know. Cmon, I had FRIDAY send a car to the school, we can ride into it. It's your favourite Audi." Tony tried to persuade him into coming and the mention of the Audi seemed to do the trick.

"Oh, that's nice," Peter said tiredly, stifling a yawn, "I am kinda sleepy."

And within a second he was out cold. Tony rolled his eyes but lifted the teen up none the less, careful to not wake him up. Tony suddenly noticed the horrible stench in the bathroom and was blessed enough to witness Peter's vomit all over the sinks.

"If you vomit in my car, kid, I'm disowning you."