Hungry

I don't know whether this needs a warning but I'll put one anyways: if eating disorders or anything related is a trigger for you skip this oneshot.

And I'm really sorry for not updating, I've just been stressed recently and a writers block decided to spend some time in my mind.

Peter was always a bit hungry. Before the whole spider bite he was perfectly fine with the food Aunt May supplied (store bought of course). But now, he found himself wishing for second, third, and sometimes 6th helpings but found it unreasonable to ask his poor aunt for more.

They didn't exactly own a fortune and Peter was grateful for the food they had. But as each day passed he found himself starving at school and patrol was getting more vigorous and strength consuming.

Overall his muscle and strength was still growing and Peter was in dire need of adequate food. But as time passed, he found himself able to ignore the undying hunger and it was at the point where he would rather not eat.

Peter ignored his deteriorating body and just prayed no one would notice, which no one did. Sure he always felt a little light headed and woozy but Peter treated like some sort of every day sickness.

Over time he got noticeably thinner and in a way, he didn't let anyone take note of his physical and mental changes.

Peter's ribs were sticking out but he always made sure to wear baggy and loose clothes. His face was pale but Aunt May's make up bag could fix that. Eye bags? Oh, just didn't get enough sleep.

Peter became even more reclusive during school and couldn't even find the energy to be bothered at Flash. During classes he'd easily lose concentration and the dizziness, the dizziness was the worst. At some points he felt like he couldn't even walk straight.

But even if there was a chance to get extra food, he didn't take it. Peter began to eat less and his body was suffering. Peter thought of it almost as if he was punishing himself. He didn't even feel hunger anymore, he only ate to live.

Mentally, he wasn't doing much better. Feelings of self loathing would constantly plague his thoughts and the hatred he felt for himself was incomparable to anything else.

Why are you even Spider-Man? You're terrible at it.

Aunt May probably regrets taking you in.

You're just a burden.

Everyday he'd look in the mirror and still pinch and poke at his body, frowning and disgusted with it.

You pig, you eat so much and Aunt May can't even pay for all the food you eat.

Something in his mind fed him these thoughts and the reluctancy to eat became an addiction. He couldn't eat more than a few bites without feeling the urge to vomit it all out.

Eventually the people around Peter distanced themselves, only reinforcing his thoughts. Anyone who attempted to show any concern was immediately glared away and even May learned her boundaries.

Patrol was becoming almost an inconvenience and the exhilaration of being Spider-Man was gone. Not only that, but Peter acknowledged the fact that he was getting a little more than sloppy. News articles (mostly produced by the Daily Bugle) read 'Spider-Man, protecting Queens, but is he really?' Peter was a complete and utter mess. He couldn't even throw a straight punch or shoot his webs without missing.

Now you may be wondering: where the hell was Tony Stark?

Tony Stark was worried. Peter hardly visited and when he did, something felt... off. Peter had a forced smile painted onto his face every time he did come over to the tower and his usual aura of brightness was missing. And the once healthy child was now skin and bones but Peter had always found a way to dance around the topic and avoid conversation.