Saving a Child.

Percy is seven years old: Percy squeezed this eyes shut when he heard an ear piercing scream. He wanted to go help his mother and try to protect her, but he knew that it would just make it worse for her. Plus he couldn't move even if he wanted to. His leg was bent the wrong way and he had pieces of glass littering both his right and left arm from when Gabe smashed his beer bottles onto his arm about eleven times. Every time he'd try to get up he would always be back on the ground in ten seconds because of the pain.

After just laying there, his door was swung open and in came smelly Gabe dragging his half conscious mother behind him. Smelly Gabe looked at Percy cruelly before smiling a twisted smile that made him want to crawl under the bed. "She didn't do the laundry and because of that I think I should punish her what do you think?" He asked Percy with the same twisted smile. "P-please don't h-hurt her." But Percy knew that smelly Gabe would never be kind enough to let it slide. "Because you asked so nicely,I guess I will just have to punish her,won't I?" Gabe bent over and pulled out a knife from his pocket. "P-please d-don't ." Percy cried out. But Gabe didn't show any sign of hearing Percy. Percy watched in horror as Gabe stabbed his mother through the forehead. Percy tried to choke back the tears that were piling up in his eyes but he couldn't hold them back which was a bad mistake. "What did I tell you about crying!" Gabe yelled at him and punched him in his bad leg. Which almost caused him to cry out In pain, but luckily he caught himself. Gabe stalking out of the room was the last thing he saw before everything went dark.

This is now Hestia's point of view though rewind it to when Sally was dying. Hestia will be in her 15 year old form it will change as Percy gets older.

"Please save my boy. G-get him away from Gabe at lease p-please I'm begging you Hestia." A ladies voice rippled through Hestia's head and caused her to abruptly drop the stick she was poking the hearth with. At the moment she is at camp half-blood,but she in a moment she was going to go to where ever the thought broadcasted to her.

5 minutes later:

Hestia was finally able to tell where the voice came from. She flashed in to a broken down apartment and was disgusted. The floor was littered with beer cans and the place reeked of moldy pizza. Hestia scanned her surroundings before heading down the hall and to the first door on the right. The sight made her want to puke and she felt something that she hasn't felt in a long time,rage,she was angry at the monster to do such a thing. A young boy no older than seven was knocked out cold with his leg bent in a way that would be thought impossible and his arms were covered in glass shards,but the really horrid sight was the woman on the floor .A knife was embedded in her forehead as she lay in a pool of her own blood. Hestia made up her mind that the first thing to be done is to get the young child out of here and away from whoever did this. Hestia gently lifted the boy up and just as she was to flash out she heard a drunk voice slur. "What'dddd youuu thinkk your doingggg." "Nothing of your concern." She said before flashing out and to her place on Olympus. After tending to the boys wounds as best as she could she decided that it would be best to wait for the boy to awake. It took the young boy two days before he awoke. And when he opened his eyes Hestia gasped in shock. His eyes were a sea green that reminded her of Poesiden. "Who a-are you?" The young boy asked scared. "Don't worry as long as you are with me i promise no one will harm you,my name is Hestia,what is yours?" She responded soothingly to try to calm the child down."My n-name is P-Percy J-Jackson sir i mean ma'am." It broke Hestia's heart to see him scared of her. "Well Percy do you know where your father is?"The boy shook his head. " Mommy said he was lost at sea."Percy said. That confirmed her suspicions. "Well Percy do you know anything about mythology?" Hestia asked. Percy nodded. "Mommy use to tell me stories about them." "Well they aren't myths. I'm a goddess,the goddess of the hearth" Hestia replied. "Really?" She was a little shocked he believed her so easily.Hestia nodded before an idea came to her. Hestia snapped her fingers and a tub full of toys appeared. "Here you go Percy." Hestia said. "A-are these for me?" Percy asked disbelievingly. Hestia nodded and replied. "I need you to stay here and play until i get back okay?" Percy nodded. Hestia flashed out and hoped Percy would be okay on his own.

When Lupa sensed Hestia's presence she said. "Lady Vesta what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?" Hestia didn't know how to explain it but she went on anyway. " Lupa last night a woman had called for me to save her son do not ask 'why me' because even I do not know the answer to that question. The boy is currently resting right now. I was originally just going to put him in the foster home after he was healed,but his father is Poesiden and if Zeus learns of his ex instance he will surely kill him . He has had enough on his plate already. His stepfather was very abusive . Lupa I am asking you raise the boy and help train him." By the end of it Lupa was stunned in to silence. Lupa didn't say anything for a minute before saying, "Does he know about 'us:?" Hestia nodded. "Okay,fine I shall help train the boy,but I want to meet him first." Hestia nodded in agreement before they both erupted in a flash of flames.